Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got hammered on friday night by an Mitsi evo thing, I was on my way back from the takeaway.

It pulled up along side me at a set of lights and the temptation was too much...I should have known better, really i should! I got away and bogged down a little (had the wrong shoes on [;)]) at the start but had a good cars length ahead, then he just came past me and all I heard was this almighty whoosh, dont know if it was a dump valve or what, but what a noise! Any way he rightfull reminded me that I dont have the fastest car on the road [;)].

Once he got past it went to single lane then back to dual carriage way. I just pulled in behind him all humble and we tootled along our way.

Oh and I spilt the curry too !!!!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
You should have known better, those dam rice rockets are bonkers even in basic form, lucky for you you didnt go up against an FQ version, or you would have filled your pants, latest is faster than a Pagini Zonda !!!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Quote: posted by Otto on 19/10/2004 12:15:52

Seriously tho, I had the wrong shoes on! clutch control was all over the place [;)]

LOL

They are seriously fast motors. Dean.....what were you thinking [:p] hehe

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know I know moment of madness! I need one of those cheap elises to reinstate my self esteem......where is ricardo when u need him?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Evos may be VERY fast but would you want one?![^]

Apart from the FQ340, I'm not interested.

Servicing every 4500 miles, 15mpg and 150 miles on a tank of fuel. I find it annoying stopping every 300+ for fuel!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
You are a crazy mentalist you know [:D][:p] Good on ya for trying hehe.

Quote: posted by Otto on 19/10/2004 12:54:45

I know I know moment of madness! I need one of those cheap elises to reinstate my self esteem......where is ricardo when u need him?

I'm here dude and as you rightfully know there's bugger all in it to 3 figures [}:)][}:)][}:)] If I get the start right[:I]

Honestly any excuse ' I had the wrong shoes on' [:D][:eek:)][:I]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Unlikely to have been nos it doesn't make a noise. Those things are just damn fast, I drove a 300bhp Evo 5 rally prepared car and it's the fastest thing I've been in, and that includes a Ferrari 360 Modena.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts