Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest issue of Evo magazine (89) March 2006 has a 5 star review of a MkV Golf GTI with DSG. Important numbers are 252bhp and 269 lbft. Costs a shade under ?1000 for the remap and exhaust. Apparently Morego is another name for Brian Brodie Racing. Evo say huge punch & chassis keeps up and on the negative side[it] "severly tests your self restraint"[:D]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Sounds great, was just reading my copy which arrived today. Would be nice to see them put a few tuners' efforts together back-to-back. [Y]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is morego pronounced?

Is it more-go, or mor-ay-go? First is too much like a pun, not really manly enough to admit to down the pub when talking remaps. Second suggests some spanish influence and a few extra hot chillis[;)]

Standard car does well in Ford ST vs GTI roadtest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I assume that's a Milltek they're using with the remap? Interesting comments regarding how the car is able to cope with 250bhp. I find that quite comforting as I'm planning a remap on my GTI when it arrives. The suspension upgrade sounds very good - since I was considering a slight drop in ride hight anyway. Essentially, another 10mm drop would make the GTI 5mm lower than a mkV R32. I may have to look at which is the better remap, AmD or Morego? Anyone have an AmD remap on their GTI and care to give an appraisal?

·
Registered
139 Posts
AmD don't have their one click out yet and are being cauitious over the
DSG "issue" Morego have stated that they'll limit torque in the DSG
cars to 270lb/ft, if you look at the Evo feature the car has 269lb/fb
iirc. If you don't have DSG then AmD should be fine, but most tuners
seems to be put out by DSG and it's inability to handle a LOT of
torque.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Morego/BBR website states they are a Milltek dealer so I assume thats what it will be.

For ride drop look with compliance at the Koni FSD/Eibach combo as per Awesome's demo car [Y]

·
Registered
139 Posts
For ride drop look with compliance at the Koni FSD/Eibach combo as per Awesome's demo car [Y]
Quite a few people have gone for this combo, and although I've never tried it, it's supposed to be awesome!

·
Registered
207 Posts
AmD don't have their one click out yet and are being cauitious over the DSG "issue" Morego have stated that they'll limit torque in the DSG cars to 270lb/ft, if you look at the Evo feature the car has 269lb/fb iirc. If you don't have DSG then AmD should be fine, but most tuners seems to be put out by DSG and it's inability to handle a LOT of torque.
My current car (a 225 TT) was rempped by AmD and it's been brilliant - which is why I'm inclined to go there again. Also have a miltek on my TT and that's been excellent too. 3 years of running 270bhp on my TT and not one problem - other than trying not to go too fast!

·
Registered
139 Posts
My current car (a 225 TT) was rempped by AmD and
it's been brilliant - which is why I'm inclined to go there again. Also
have a miltek on my TT and that's been excellent too. 3 years of
running 270bhp on my TT and not one problem - other than trying
not to go too fast!
Likewise, I used AmD for the TDi and they were awesome, got 180bhp out
of her, so I was chuffed. I think most people are qaiting for their
"one click" to come out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm not that bothered by who gets the most power to be honest, as anything of 240 plus will equate to a car quicker than the mkV R32... it's the power delivery that concerns me most. My TT does nothing until you hit 3,500 (the lag is terrible) and the power comes in with one hell of a thump. I'd rather trade off this turbo lag for more flexibility at lower revs. I wonder how morego, AmD, MTM, etc compare?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts