Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well despite the arm still being in cast I got me shirt off and my beer belly out on Saturday and fitted the EVO CAI, perfect fit, looks the biz, sounds great "stationary" but I didn't realize the DV wooosh was going to be as loud when you change gear!!! arrrggghhh..... just not the sound I'm looking for at my age!, gutted as after giving the car a good shoeing it does make a noticalble difference, the enging definatly feels livelier lower down, but it was off the car and back in it box with all fittings and going into Classifieds at some point today![:(!]

And to rub salt in the wound the Fed Ex tax bill turned up this morning! 28 quid! Hmmmm Monday...[:(]

·
Registered
158 Posts
and if Glen doesn't want it, please let me know mate [:)]

ps sorry to hear you don't like it as it does give a noticeable power increase. Know what you mean about the dump vlave whoosh......it's a love/hate thing.

I've combined my Evo with a blow off valve.......all down to whatever flicks your switches [:D]

·
Registered
158 Posts
it makes it with the recirc valve, but it's more of a whoosh. With the blow off valve, it more of a pptttssshhhhh

if that makes sense [:I]

·
Registered
220 Posts
the noise the carbionio makes its the same its a loud whoosh of air when caining it and a noticeable fluttering noise when plodding along. saying that this is with my car being revo'd and with the SPS3 being turned up to maximum boost its even louder! The only thing is a still have the standard dv on my golf and it doesnt hold on to noise for as long as an after market! sometimes i think why i have i made my car sound like this,other times i think its good as you don't get many turbo's making such a noise![:D]

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you like a nice throaty sound that's not too loud (begins from about 1800 revs) then this is the bad boy for you guys.......definate increase in power, especially on the motorway.

I'm trying not to say it sucks like a ........ but seriously it does, the noise of the air being sucked up the carbon pipe is also good for confusing the passengers [:D]

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote: posted by IV Turbo on 09/08/2004 15:10:11

Quote: posted by [email protected] on 09/08/2004 15:07:12

great - so my car's gonna sound like an electrolux ?!?!!?

[email protected]

ehhh no

In saying that i've never heard an electrolux so I cant say for sure

[email protected] Wasted on youth!!!

IV ...'nothing sucks like an electrolux' used to be an advertising campaign...

lol at the age gap!!!!!

[/hangs head realising i am on the wrong end of that age gap...[V]]

·
Registered
158 Posts
[:D] was on the wrong wave length there lol, was thinking along the lines of "could suck a golf ball through a garden hose".......lady of the night kind of innuendo [;)]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fitted an evo to my PD150 at the weekend, yes you get a whoosh, I don`t particularly like it but the result is worth it, [}:)] much smoother and the engine sounds better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote: posted by IV Turbo on 09/08/2004 15:45:16

[:D] was on the wrong wave length there lol, was thinking along the lines of "could suck a golf ball through a garden hose".......lady of the night kind of innuendo [;)]

... "or the chrome off a trailer hitch" ![:D]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 09/08/2004 15:41:12

Quote: posted by IV Turbo on 09/08/2004 15:10:11

Quote: posted by [email protected] on 09/08/2004 15:07:12

great - so my car's gonna sound like an electrolux ?!?!!?

[email protected]

ehhh no

In saying that i've never heard an electrolux so I cant say for sure

[email protected] Wasted on youth!!!

IV ...'nothing sucks like an electrolux' used to be an advertising campaign...

lol at the age gap!!!!!

[/hangs head realising i am on the wrong end of that age gap...[V]]

oi - i'm not THAT frikken ancient !!!! [^]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts