Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The final set of photos of my beloved '4MoLow'........ couldn't have done it all without you guys. Sadly if you aren't already aware she is providing the deposit for my first home, and making way for a dragon green Mk3 Golf GTI 16V.... no doubt will be sat on a set of coilovers and new shoes before you know it.... watch this space.

These pictures were taken today on my camera phone, and post a slight lift for sale, so she's not quite the hoover she was a couple of weeks ago. (She can still skim a rice pudding though!!!)

Ideally, if I had have been keeping her the front 4Motion valance would have had all the nasty ducts plastic welded over... I spent a whole day making the templates. As i'm selling though, I wasn't prepared to spend the extra cash, and have settled for a smooth and paint.

I hope you like her as much as I do.

Evil.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://tinypic.com/9lh45e.jpg

P.S: No jokes about the double yellows. That my old high schools private car park!!! [:p]

·
Registered
371 Posts
sad to see her go mate.....really finishes it off with the coded valances!

looks really nice in those pics....will i still see it floating around sandbach?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sad to see her go mate.....really finishes it off with the coded valances!

looks really nice in those pics....will i still see it floating around sandbach?
Unfortunately not fella.... the new owner is from Southhampton. He's flying up and i'm picking him up from liverpool airport at 10 past 2 this afternoon. He's gonna drive it back... probably for the best really. Would kinda gut me to see it around all the time. Ive mentioned the forum to the chap though, so we'll see if its new owner gets involved. W36EJO can finally see my car!!![;)]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
This is the first time i've seen your car mate, and now the last, thats
one nice car mate, sorry to see it go, but at least your getting
another golf at the end of the day. [y]

Sonny

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the first time i've seen your car mate, and now the last, thats one nice car mate, sorry to see it go, but at least your getting another golf at the end of the day. [y]

Sonny
Cheers dude... your right, but can't help feeling sorry for myself all the same[:(]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Sorry to see it go mate, hope your not bowing out of the forum aswell,
how did you sell it? was it of ebay or here? I was tempted to buy
it myself as it was bit of a bargain but I didnt have the time to sort
my old one out with the wedding coming etc, anyway enjoy your drive
upto the airport in her Ill keep me eye out as its only down the road.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Mate what can I say?

It's a sad day but the dude who has bought her has got to be happy?

Make sure that you do her justice and put the new owner onto me for some Angel Eyes that you were so depserate to have?

I never knew that your ride looked that good mate, WICKED!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys... course I will be staying on here, and i'll be back with a newish motor as soon as I can!! Andy, i'll be there for 10 past 2, so if you wanna see her in the flesh? Id have gladly sold her to you knowing she'd have been going to a very good home.

Simon, I shall put in a hearty recomendation as to the lights, no worries, and let me know on them mk3 bits!!!

And Gary, a statement like that, from a modder of such calibre is heartwarming indeed!!! [:D]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Mark, That car is a credit to you mate, only seen it once but glad i did really nice..

Best for you that it's going far away so you dont cry your eyes out every time you see her..

Wont be too long before you can sort another mk4 and it all starts over again...

Best of luck matey and stay around the place..[:)]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Absolutely stunning!!Those valences look awesome! And a truely pukka
example of a 4mo!! You have done her proud buddy, and I hope the new
owner knows how lucky he is!!

Well done!

Gutted for you though selling her

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep that is one stunning car. Everything about it looks just right. Nothing over the top, just understated coolness. Hope the owner treats with the respect is deserves.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well Mark, it will be a sad shame to see it go, and not just for you obviously but for those of us who've seen it.

But having said that, needs must and you've got to think of your future after all. But it's nice to know you'll be sticking with us here and buying a quality MK3... I just hope you end up getting that R sooner than you expect! [;)][Y]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys, once again toched by your kind comments.

Brian The new proud owner is a really nice chap, and didnt argue the price with one jot after seeing her in the flesh. He has text me since arriving home and loves it to bits. I'm pleased for him, and hope he enjoys it as much as I have,,, however most of the enjoyment for me, as you all know has come from the making, not the driving. Brian has the details of the forum, and will be joining pronto, so not the last you will see of evilhomers ride... hopefully he will take my advice and fit the supersprint exhaust, remap, and leather the interior.
Yes [Y]

I'm sad its gone, and will miss it, but times a changing, and I am now the proud owner of mky mk3. Chuffed with it, a bargain at the price I got it, and ripe for modding. One thing I would love to do, but have not got a clue where to start is foxy's blue /red light mod (ala Mk4 Cabrio) ... that would be cool... but foremost is to sort the shoddy suspension out with some nice height/damping adjust coilovers, and some new shoes.... methinks wideboy low euro look (some 8/9 x 15/16's) with some nice stretched rubber!!! quite fance some porsche winters, but some deep dish RIALS or BROCKS would be nice. Time will tell!!

Believe me I am as impressed with all your cars, as you seem to be with mine... I am grateful for this excellent forum, and shall where my new polo shirt with pride.

Who's up for Edition 38!!![:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Thank god it's gone! I was looking at it a couple of days ago and thinking 'hmmm, I could do that'! Was actually going to e-mail you on Thursday and see if it was still for sale to buy this weekend but something got in the way (work I think) and thankfully I forgot to e-mail you then saw you had sold it!

So that's saved me a packet! [:D]

How does the Mk3 feel in comparison? What you mean I will finally get to see it! I don't live in Southampton!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank god it's gone! I was looking at it a couple of days ago and thinking 'hmmm, I could do that'! Was actually going to e-mail you on Thursday and see if it was still for sale to buy this weekend but something got in the way (work I think) and thankfully I forgot to e-mail you then saw you had sold it!

How does the Mk3 feel in comparison? What you mean I will finally get to see it! I don't live in Southampton!
It's nearer to you than it was though isnt it? You live bristol way dont ya?

Mk3 at the moment is a dragon green soggy bouncy castle! Will be sorted with some coilover Variant 1/2's this week. Need some of the 5 spoke polished TT rims too... thats my wheel of choice at the mo. (dont know their name yet!! the ones that came on the TT first.)

Its nippy, but Im gonna have to get a stainless for it, and remove the nasty arches!!! She's getting a cut debadge and polish today though, along with some rectification of the audio wiring loom which has been butchered!!!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts

It's nearer to you than it was though isnt it? You live bristol way dont ya?

Mk3 at the moment is a dragon green soggy bouncy castle! Will be sorted with some coilover Variant 1/2's this week. Need some of the 5 spoke polished TT rims too... thats my wheel of choice at the mo. (dont know their name yet!! the ones that came on the TT first.)

Its nippy, but Im gonna have to get a stainless for it, and remove the nasty arches!!! She's getting a cut debadge and polish today though, along with some rectification of the audio wiring loom which has been butchered!!!
They be Audi TT Comps, Mark. Got a set in the shed itching to go on after my coilovers. Mine aren't polished though. Yours will look like Justin's VR6 syncro [Y][Y]

·
Registered
558 Posts
Your mk3 could be faster and better handling that your 4mo without too much effort.  I still say the abf lump is the best VW have created.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts