Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was time to say hi to all.(as i`ve had me anni since april)..used to be owned by tony_danza off here[Y]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate from a fellow Anni owner.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I had it from 3 years old to 6 years old.

Bought from VW Warrington by a guy waiting on his R32 to arrive, Pete owned it from a few months old to 3 years. I had it till 6 when Ollie bought it, he sold it on to a chap who's name escapes me and used to keep in touch to tell me he was looking after it, and I assume you got it off him?

It had in my time:

Koni FSDs and Eibachs
H&R rear ARB
New brakes
All boost hoses replaced & EGR delete
Revo @185hp/300lbft
The wheels done in the custom chrome powdercoat
Genuine US Anni red badges and rabbit.
Lots of misc. bits and bobs.

Oddly enough, I found my photocopies of all the history file t'other day and thought I'd not see it around for a while.

Never missed a beat, nothing ever broke - in short a brilliant car that I still miss. I even still have the plate on retention.

Look after it. [Y]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
I had it from 3 years old to 6 years old.

Bought from VW Warrington by a guy waiting on his R32 to arrive, Pete owned it from a few months old to 3 years. I had it till 6 when Ollie bought it, he sold it on to a chap who's name escapes me and used to keep in touch to tell me he was looking after it, and I assume you got it off him?

It had in my time:

Koni FSDs and Eibachs
H&R rear ARB
New brakes
All boost hoses replaced & EGR delete
Revo @185hp/300lbft
The wheels done in the custom chrome powdercoat
Genuine US Anni red badges and rabbit.
Lots of misc. bits and bobs.

Oddly enough, I found my photocopies of all the history file t'other day and thought I'd not see it around for a while.

Never missed a beat, nothing ever broke - in short a brilliant car that I still miss. I even still have the plate on retention.

Look after it.
Why dont you sell the plate on?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Mike...Fantastic pics of the owd girl,doesn`t look much different tbh...

only done 88600 miles as i took her off the road over winter & to replace the turbo

as it was playin up.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No... she kept goin onto limp mode due to over boosting [brick]

so i replaced it with a turbo technics hybrid and a de-cat...just waitin for votex to sort me the map off revo..

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Bugger, that's a shame, but I suppose others have had them go a lot sooner.

I'll look forward to hearing how it goes with the new set up, Mike will have it spot on in no time, I don't trust anyone else with my cars. Let me know when you're going and I'll pop in to see it [Y]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spoke to Mike yesturday and he said a couple of weeks,as revo were workin on it..

she`s just a bit lagy low down then pulls smooth all the way through..

i tink she may want a clutch after this next stage..

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Had a MKV GTI for a few years and have a Clio RS200 now. I do a lot of track days and Ring trips, the Clio is much better suited to it, costs half to run and is just as quick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts