1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post![:)]

Looking for some advice.

Silver golf gti 2.0 2001/fsh/55k

My car has the usual 18" rs4 hoops and am looking to fit some coilovers to get her looking as she should.

I'm not a teenager anymore so not looking for a crashy/bouncy ride. The prev owner has def put springs on it but they are shite so looking to remove.

I am looking for the konigsport look/drop but what is the ride like?

Are there any others out there or on the bay for decent money that give good adjustability and ride and whatabout droplinks and arb's?

Any advice much appreciated.

ps....aftermarket turbo kits?

my engine needs more bhp or i'm ripping it out!!![*-)]

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Welcome Im from around Thamesmead so not far from yourself. Sounds like you got yourself quite a clean golf there and the fsh is always nice to have. The roads aren't bad around the south-east but alot of the cheaper suspension setups feel crashy, mine does. Looking to upgrade mine at some point too when funds allow. It depends how much money you got to spend but a KW variant 1 are a good all around and quite reasonably priced at around 600

Unfortunately with the engine you've got in there, there's no power mods worth doing if your after more power. It's not going to get much at all and cost more than it's worth. Turbo kits won't be cheap either Im afraid, got to go for lower compression forged internals around £800 in parts and £1000 labour then all the exhaust manifold oil and water lines plumbing for the intercooler, a intercooler say around 500-700 for the likes of a Forge or eurojet racing front mount. Some sort of boost management say around £300 then you got the downpipe and rest of the exhaust say another £500 as it's likely to be custom. Then the turbo kit itself say around £1000-1800 for a nice t3 setup and then live tuning session would be in the area of £500-700 and about another 500 odd for the labour and a few hundreds more for the other parts like gaskets, bolts and a bit for headroom. Thats before you even get to the braking and everything else.

You would be better off start with a 1.8t or better yet turbocharging a 3.2 vr6 but depends on your plans and your budget really. But let us know what you got planned and get some pics up [Y]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks rm 69.

im actually by the princess alice now if u know it? by belmarsh.

picked up car last wk and she is clean yeah,,,,,interior looks BRAND new.

maybe u will see me around!

how about a complete transplant maybe a 1.8t?

drop in fit or a bit more to it?

im used to drivin r5's with 18psi then m3 evo seq but this is a daily but want looks and some decent shove,

whadda ya think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ps,,,,cts turbo and kinetic seem to offer a decent package without having to beef internals as i hear stock can take 240ish if you are sympathetic.[:cool:]

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yea I've been princess alice before, Im around the area every so often - my mate lives 10 min walk from the pub.

The reliable limit of the 2.0 is a bit of a grey area really but if it were a daily then you would want reliability. A 1.8t can be put in without any fabrication. Cost alot in labour if you plan to have someone do it though, still far in excess of £1k labour, be easier just to buy the gti im afraid.

Hope to see you around [Y]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts