Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back to the mother in laws house to pick up my car only to find my brother in law had washed it for me. Great I hear you say , nice lad. Shame he's completely ruined my car by using a sponge full of stone and by the marks on the wheels, a pan scourer!! Didn't think I could feel any worse after having the car keyed earlier this year, I WAS WRONG. Went out and thrashed the car as if it was its fault and then followed this by abusive torrents to anyone closeby.

Feel like crying, why????????

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
thats a shame mate id hate anyone else but me to wash my car. it will polish out wont it?? just means a whole day wasted to mint your car up again.

did you say anything to him/her?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Worse thing is, you cant even be mad at him as he was trying to help!
hopefully it'll polish out[Y]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nearly calm now, just. Washed the car today (with cotton buds) and had a real good look around in the full light of day. Hopefully they will all polish out (lots), fingers crossed. Its a shame because I can't even batter him as he was , in his eyes 'helping me out', oh yeah, and he's family!!. Still got the 'face to face' meeting yet as he's keeping well out of my way for now due to my emotional upset.

Thanks for the tea and sympathy guys, better than crying down the phone to the Samaritans. Just need an alarm add-on that shouts 'Back off with the sponge bozzo' and all will be well.

Gadge

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
glad to hear it aint too bad dude...just got to giveit a dayof TLC agin now....not the time of year for it though is it?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Unlucky mate if you want it looking mint for now.. just super resin poilish it which should mask the mejority of the small swirls for now then seal it in and wax it for now.. max about 2 hours inc washing...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, any suggestions for wax/sealer polish etc. Guess its just a bad time of year for doing anything other than the basic's but will defo try and stop the rot.

Seen the brother in law and he feels like shit, actually felt sorry for him. Still angry but mistakes are human and there was no malice involved so guess thats that.

He'll just have to wait hand and foot on me and be my beatch for a while, then i'll let him off the hook, real slow!!

Gadge

·
Registered
453 Posts
Atleast you've got a bit of a sense of humour about it now after a day mate. Good luck with getting it back how it was, im sure you can do it :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
mate try the meguires 3 stage kit and try and get hold of a porter cable. but im sure the 3 stage kitwould be great i used it and my paints mint now..

there is many products out there to use its all down to personal faverites.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Personally use AG super resin polish for now.. with a pc which should make it look good for now.. and give it a propper detailing session in the new year mate..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tough luck fella. I did a suprise wash on my mother in law's car a while back and she was well chuffed with the result on her little blue Lupo (used to be the wifes).

Hope the polish sorts it out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As the wife says' its only a car' guess I married her for her looks!! With the mood i've been in I think I could swing a PC for an extra crimbo present, where is the best place to get one. Know they are not cheap over here, any thoughts on the Flex models? aren't they now part of the PC group? [*-)]

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
no, this was an accident, i wrote a comment but all that's appeared was my attempt to add a link in my sig. which obviously went wrong. sorry, i'll edit

·
Registered
99 Posts
buy a professional polisher also known as a mop a compound head and g3 polish spend a day and it will look mint i proffesionally mop all my cars on purchase and they come up a treat a mop plus bits will set you back around £100 but will last abosolutely years and will earn back its cost

1 - 19 of 19 Posts