Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Fella that's looking lovely.... I need to do some serious work on mine soon to get mine back in that good condition [:|]

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Thanks mate, nothing a quick was can't take care of I assume. Like your avatar BTW [:D]
Clay barring has started on the front and I'm working my way back atm. I've got a minor swirl issue that might have been me might have been my dealer (I can't prove diddly). Washing it is fine, it comes up ok - the biggest issue is all the crap that's starting to build up around the bottom of the door strips. Might have to get really tarty and drastic and get some cotton ear bud things out to sort it out.

Then fix the minor swirling issue, and we'll be in business. It's just so much work - and it's fairly common knowledge I'm not the least lazy person in the world [;)]

If I can get mine back to how it was (and looking like yours) I'll be well happy with myself [y]

C

PS - avatar changes every month or so, i just play with the camera and see what hapens [:$]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the comments.

I use the Canon 20D, in this shot I used the 17-40L f/4 lens, I sould probably have used the 70-200L f/4 to get some more "real" boke (blur) instead of applying it with PS. Next time..... [:)]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lovely pic as always Mag!

Just spent literally the entire day cleaning my car, now looks
spiffy... cat walked over the top of it a couple days ago and left some
slight scratch marks over the roof [:'(] and there's a bunch of tiny
scratches on the front of the bonnet, from those horrible gritting
machines I think... especially noticable when the car's been washed,
autoglym'd and then polished up!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cmdrfire, you need to get one of those cats carers (ultra high Hz sound). Our next door neighbor has one and it keeps cats away from  our cars too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cmdrfire, you need to get one of those cats
carers (ultra high Hz sound). Our next door neighbor has one and
it keeps cats away from our cars too.
Hmn... I shall look into such cat-terrifying devices...

Have to get one for my dad too, a moggy scratched his Merc much worse than it did my GTI.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Heh you just need to insert discipline... All bar next door's cat know that the car is a no go zone - and the other one's had two releases from the large jug of water by the back door, and I've not seen him near the car since.

Note, I never drench 'em, just catch 'em with the edge of it - and I've done the same to my own two so if the PC brigade are reading, please jog on to another thread [y]

C

·
Registered
62 Posts
Heja Sverige!

Nice picture and a lovely car, the weather over here is still complete pants, and my V5 is still locked in a shed waiting to get registered :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts