Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm letting EJO buy my ticket - he's the lucky bar steward!

Life must be boring though if you have more money than you spend - imagine all that time not worrying about how you were going to shuffle things round to make it to payday!

·
Registered
112 Posts
True, but look at George Michael. Definitely no wonga worries, but he's managed to fill those gaps left in his life by worrying when the police are going to find him zonked out in a car next.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it'd be a right pisser, wouldn't it ??

I think i'd spend abt £2m on a house here and about £1-£1.5m on a house somewhere warmer...then I'd have to get a new car and think about the family needing to be ferried about. An RS4 maybe ? Don't see the point of supercars.

Just the £42.6million to spend now...Although i'd get £192K gross per month at 5% just buy stocking it in the bank, so if I thought about it for 6 months, it'd get just under £700K nett so that's back up to £43.3m.

Blimey -its just a never ending nightmare - how DO you get rid of it all ?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Oh yes ! I'm off to the shop at lunch to get mine,

I dont buy them on the same ticket either, they seem to be too close that way, I get them all on their own tickets, it a PITA if your behind me in the Que though ..........

Mind you if I won, I dont think I'd end up like this sorry character

Posted Image

·
Registered
112 Posts
I convinced myself the other night that this is definitely not going to be a nightmare of mine.

After reading about the guy that blagged 67k on jackpotjoy, I just took a look out of curiosity. Ended up registering, having a flutter, getting hooked and staying up to 2 in the morning whilst blowing 60 quid in the process. [<:eek:)]

Any good schemes for smoothing over dodgy appearing credit card bills with the wife? [:$]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
could be worse - you'll have to hope it dones't get billed as "girlswithlargejumperbunnies" or "thailaydeeboyz" or the like

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I convinced myself the other night that this is definitely not going to be a nightmare of mine.

After reading about the guy that blagged 67k on jackpotjoy, I just took a look out of curiosity. Ended up registering, having a flutter, getting hooked and staying up to 2 in the morning whilst blowing 60 quid in the process. [<:eek:)]

Any good schemes for smoothing over dodgy appearing credit card bills with the wife? [:$]
LOL sorry! Did you even get the bonus if you were playing Deal of No Deal? It's quite compulsive isnt it. Luckily though, I havn't been back, promising myself I won't either, apart from the odd flutter maybe, but don't wanna get hooked!

As for euromillions. Never have done this, maybe I should give it a go.

The other thing that could be done is a UKMKIV's syndicate...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks for the reminder... went out at lunch and got mine: I would have no problems spending either !! I think that my wife would have to take charge of the money... there are only so many cars you can have but im sure that i would find a way to have more......

first purchase would be a Veyron! and would definitely consider gettting a helicopter... that would be just pimp! and the best thing about having lots of money.. as mentioned it makes even more money for you... [H]

·
Registered
586 Posts
LOL sorry! Did you even get the bonus if you were playing Deal of No Deal? It's quite compulsive isnt it. Luckily though, I havn't been back, promising myself I won't either, apart from the odd flutter maybe, but don't wanna get hooked!

Blow your good fortune on EuroMillions tickets Graham, you're sure to win then ! [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts

Blow your good fortune on EuroMillions tickets Graham, you're sure to win then ! [:D]

LOL what a fantastic idea!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I know someone who has this problem and believe me it ain't fun... I wouldn't want a life like that, there are only so many times you can wake up in the morning and wonder whether to take the prancing horse or the Porker before it gets very, very dull.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I dont think i'd have a problem trying to get rid of the £46,000,000........why would you have to "get rid" of it, spend a bit, give some away, pay peoples mortgage off, a few cars, a couple of houses, a great year long holiday travelling the world with the missus, then come back n chill out to find that you've just made back what you spent in interest, then do it all again lol! but seriously, right now, a couple of grand would be great, so lottery fairies if you are listening......can you sort me out please, that would be great! [Y] Taaaaaaaaaa!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I know someone who has this problem and believe me it ain't fun... I wouldn't want a life like that, there are only so many times you can wake up in the morning and wonder whether to take the prancing horse or the Porker before it gets very, very dull.
How can this be a problem... this surely is more a case of lack of imagination! ..... maybe the person you know should spread the love then and hook you up make you happy, make himself happy through helping others... I say this with total conviction I would never get bored with it, how can it become dull...??? i'd swap right now, without even thinking about it...!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
How can this be a problem... this surely is more a case of lack of imagination! ..... maybe the person you know should spread the love then and hook you up make you happy, make himself happy through helping others... I say this with total conviction I would never get bored with it, how can it become dull...??? i'd swap right now, without even thinking about it...!
Lots of people who have won millions on the lottery say they wish they hadn't.

Imagine if you didnt have to go to work tommorow ever again. What would you do? Yer, for the first 6 months, great, but imagine getting up every single morning and having to think of something to do. Your life has no meaning, your just spending money trying to make yourself happy.

I've experienced this with a couple of people on my 67k win.....people get jealous. One of my best mates from way back just said 'well its a good start isn't it, not that you worked for it and said 'bet you don't get the cheque'. My very best mate was over the moon, I've given him a budget and asked him to choose something he wants. He said no for ages, but he's resigned to the fact that he's gaving something and he's chosen an LCD TV. My other mate, who is obviously jealous, will have nothing. So suddenly your friends see you differntly. Imagine if that money was a life changing, multi million pound prize.

Money does not buy you happines. Your reason for going to work, your 'I worked for this' and sense of satisfaction from that is gone. Sure you can buy however many cars you want.....but would that really make you happy on your own little estate away from everyone else?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts