Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might of seen from my thread the other day, im having Genuine Audi A3 door handles fitted, and having the side strips removed, and the holes lead filled. Here are some progress pics:

Audi A3 door handle plate welded into drivers door:

Posted Image

Audi A3 passenger door all welded up and prep work:

Posted Image

This years new look....NO DOORS!!:

Posted Image

All being well i should have the car back for Weds/Thurs next week.

·
Registered
857 Posts
As you might of seen from my thread the other day, im having Genuine Audi A3 door handles fitted, and having the side strips removed, and the holes lead filled. Here are some progress pics:

Audi A3 door handle plate welded into drivers door:

Posted Image

Audi A3 passenger door all welded up and prep work:

Posted Image

This years new look....NO DOORS!!:

Posted Image

All being well i should have the car back for Weds/Thurs next week.
all's looking good so far, im looking forward to seeing the finished artical, also am feeling the no doors look, might take mine off later [:)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thats one way to save weight!

As said already, looking forward to seeing the results [Y]
not showing you. nur nur. you'll just copy me! hahahahaha. (covers up work in a school test stylee)

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Looking good, cant wait to see some propper pics of her. Want to see how the doors look with the A3 handles and no rub strips.

Sat [y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Well thats one way to save weight!

As said already, looking forward to seeing the results [Y]
not showing you. nur nur. you'll just copy me! hahahahaha. (covers up work in a school test stylee)
Oh don't worry, not nicking your answers - they're sooooooooooo last year [:p] [D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looking good Mike!! Audi door handles to match the Audi wheels?

What else have you got planned apart from the different door handles and removal of the door strips?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

What else have you got planned apart from the different door handles and removal of the door strips?
the Audi wheels are just my daily runners. Got a few bits n bobs planned. Even had a few little extras done that no-one knows about!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

the Audi wheels are just my daily runners. Got a few bits n bobs planned. Even had a few little extras done that no-one knows about!
'Few little extras', sounds interesting!!

When will we see the final product?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

'Few little extras', sounds interesting!!

When will we see the final product?
good question.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What have you done to your car?!!!! The poor thing hehehe

Bet it will look wicked when its finished, just make sure you park miles away from any cars incase they hit your doors.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thats going to look really cool, How have they done it? Did they weld a plate over the holes from the inside?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts