Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys.......

We know that last neet at Tolgate Colchester was a MASSIVE success....

With a HUGE turnout, great atmosphere, and some AWESOME cars, both english, and american!

Not to mention the police "friendship" we struck up on that night, which will help us in future meets, including this one......

As some will be aware, due to the huge success of that, we feel that making the "Essex Meets" every other month or so would be a viable, and acheieveable option, and would get the support needed to make it worthwhile......

sooooooooo........

I feel the location at tolgate was excellent......plenty of space, loads of light and the police support. (also, if we keep the location the same, people will know where it is, and saves the "where is it" questions and confusion)

but what about the next date?

March??

And how about making it a standard date like......"The last sunday night of the month"......or...."the last saturday night of the month"...

Which would make it the 25th/26th of March?

that too would make the "event" easier to organise as everyone would know when it was, and indeed where......

so what are our thoughts on this?

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
How about "the last sunday EVENING of the month?"

Thats sounds a better plan for action dude! IMO that is LOL

Bit o' daylight and all that. [:)]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
No one does much on a sunday anyweay so might as well make it a evening thing - what u think to that.  Also avoid the chav c**ts who are predominatly nocturnal.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ned to remember that we need car park space.......

but yeah, i meant 5-6 oclock kinda time - remembering that even now, five oclock is light......

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. I definitely think the venue at tollgate is spot on. Anytime after 5 would be ideal as I sure that?s when the likes of PC World and Staples close on a Sunday.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sunday evenings sound better to me to. Excellent choice of venue to.

I'll be there for sure, whenever......[;)]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thats going to be three of us then!

come on people........what do we think?

good point? bad points?.....if you aint interested, why aint you? is it the date? the setup?....

we want this to turn regular guys......other areas have regular meets......why cant we?...

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Just a thought so ignore me if you wish please - considering the police presence and attention last time (which was overlooked i have to admit) it puts alot of people off including myself who only get involved with the old bill when absolutely necessary. (having spoken to a few forum memebers who buggered off as soon as the police showed up.....) its just not the scene for enthusiastic forum meets.

The venue is ideal but ofcourse for that very reason it is a honey poty for chavs, gary boys and the like which is exactly what the police were expecting. Even though they were cool with it - and the chavs were at bay it still felt like a "cruise" rather than a meet e.g. matey in the red mk4 RS Turbo....

What "I" would like to see is a more classy style of regular meet for essex, similar location for ease of access but there must be a nice pub with a nice carpark where we can meet up, food, maybe ONE pint etc... and make it nice and social for the summer evenings ahead. Just look at J29 with the halfway house pub, and the suffolk meets i did last year with the nice public house atmosphere.

Whats the harvester like or there must be similar near by? Any thoughts anyone. SLAP me down if you think im way off the mark here, I honestly dont mind the slaggings LOL (i do really [:'(] so be nice)

GT

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a fair point, a tricky one to get round regarding the location, but a fair point.

my thinking is that why did people go when the cops showed up? something to hide? reason to go? it seemed like people may of been scared by them, but afterall, all the cops did was speak to us in a VERY friendly manner and offer thier support to us. which, in reference to the "cruise" feel, i think would be hugely beneficial......

so with the suggestions in mind.......any ideas?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't have a problem with tollgate... the police just turned up to see what was going on and as it was just a bunch of idiots freezing in a car park they left again! Nothing to worry about.

A pub venue would be good but not so easy to find a suitable one for that amount of cars

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tollgate is a nice easy place to find and if your over the PC World side of the car park it's not to bad, problem is, all the silly boy racers in their Saxo's, Nova's and Clio's all hang about at the McDonalds most evenings and spoil things for others, they attract 'old bill' who then tar every one with the same brush and usually want to move you on, another good place is the car park beyond Asda's by Colchester Station, it's very rarely visited by morons doing their wheel spins, there is a fitness club and an electrical outlet on the site but they go by 5.00pm on a Sunday,

Just a thought

haga

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I think Marc was onto a winer there.

It is a nice location.

Why don't we just meet there when Jct 29 aren't

They meet the 2nd Sunday I think?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Dan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts