Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's especially for shiuming, who does seem to have a fascination for taking pictures of my headlights everytime we're at the same meet [:)]

So, with much trial and error I got a couple of slightly different ones for him:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kinda impressed with myself - as I don't have a tripod and just about all my other photos this afternoon have come out absolute cack! (ie blurry beyond all belief cos I can't stop twitching as I hit the button!)

Anyway, enjoy.

C

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
This one's especially for shiuming, who does seem to have a fascination for taking pictures of my headlights everytime we're at the same meet [:)]
Reeeeally? [:|]

[:D]

Some good pics, you can also rest your arms on the bumper, and one thing I learnt when taking pics where you might get reflections of yourself is to wear plain clothes with a colour that roughly matches the background. So in the shot where you see your hands, wear black gloves (rubber is optional...). I once took pics of my car's reflection in a shop window and it was slightly spoilt because you could clearly see me turned to one side pointing the camera at the window, but that would have been avoided if I wore dark clothes (I shot that at night).

Posted Image

What other pics did ya take mate? Care to share?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reeeeally? [:|]
Fraid so old bean! [:D]

[:D]

Some good pics, you can also rest your arms on the bumper, and one thing I learnt when taking pics where you might get reflections of yourself is to wear plain clothes with a colour that roughly matches the background. So in the shot where you see your hands, wear black gloves (rubber is optional...). I once took pics of my car's reflection in a shop window and it was slightly spoilt because you could clearly see me turned to one side pointing the camera at the window, but that would have been avoided if I wore dark clothes (I shot that at night).
See I'm not brilliant at subtleys and admittedly popped these up in a hurry so I could nip out again. Didn't even notice as a result until you pointed it out!

What other pics did ya take mate? Care to share?
Very very disappointing, but if you want to peek, this clicky has them all. Gonna try and take some decent ones during the day tomorrow [:)]

C

PS - fancy answering the question in your PM btw? [:)]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LMFAO @ tylerama [:D][Y]

CkB: You serious? That's my real name [:|][:p]
Yes I was actually! And now you get why [;)]

Had a right result (after your jab about getting a tripod lol!). Popped into one of the local Jessops (can't say where as you'll see why shortly), had look around, saw the kinda thing that I wanted, took it up, and was paying for it when I heard this familar voice. My old sales leader from when I worked during A-Levels in a shop was only there - as the boss.

Ding dang doo, the bit of paper disappeared got a staff discount on it and instead of 26.99 was whopping 13.11 - I got just over half back (13.88!!!).

So nice new tripod which I'm gonna put to good use tomorrow afternoon hopefully, and met up with an old friend who I lost touch with a couple years back!!

Got home, and found out I'd missed another trick - I knew the legs extended - but not on two levels, so it's actually really really good for a fool like me - purely cos it's very very basic [y]

Jessops T220 or something.

[y]

C

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Whats all those white bits on the lights..........is that .........nah it can't be .............is it .........dirt ..........lol

Just kidding mate some great shot's .....[:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's always one [:mad:]

LOL - no actually when I looked at them before I stuck them up I was cursing like mad. I drove less than 800 yards to where I was taking those photos, didn't pass another moving vehicle or anything.

And the damn things were clean as hell when I left.

Cheers mate

C

PS - you hiding from MSN *agian* !?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
lol

well they are great shots mate ......just remeber to take cleaning stuff to rolling road day then .....lol....i will be takin stuff with me [;)]

ps not hiding im erm tidying the office [;)] and just browsing the forum it you know what i mean ......to much keyboard noise on msn ....[;)]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Ding dang doo, the bit of paper disappeared got a staff discount on it and instead of 26.99 was whopping 13.11 - I got just over half back (13.88!!!).
Woah... GB on camera kit anyone? Bundle!!!

I want to get... (draws up huuuuge list)

[:p]

Got home, and found out I'd missed another trick - I knew the legs extended - but not on two levels
Ah yeah, that's really handy.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
lol

well they are great shots mate ......just remeber to take cleaning stuff to rolling road day then .....lol....
Cling film is your friend. If you just spent hours detailing your car and then going to any place where your car might get filthy during the trip, and you want to avoid repeating work and cleaning it again, cover strategic parts (rear end especially) with cling film. Then just peel off at the destination for a sparkling, just-detailed look.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got home, and found out I'd missed another trick - I knew the legs extended - but not on two levels
Ah yeah, that's really handy.
Yeah, stupid me, was attempting to be in a rush earlier however (which failed when I bumped into me mate!). Will give it some workout tomorrow afternoon mate and let you know how I find it - thanks for keeping on at me, got there in the end and worked out quite well [;)]

lol

well they are great shots mate ......just remeber to take cleaning
stuff to rolling road day then .....lol....i will be takin stuff with
me [;)]

ps not hiding im erm tidying the office [;)] and just browsing the
forum it you know what i mean ......to much keyboard noise on msn
....[;)]
Autoglym bag lives in the boot mate, as for not hiding, liar. Pop a
towel under the keyboard, it dulls out all that typing noise on a hard
surface [a]

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Incidentally what bulbs have you got for your dipped beam, they look very white... I like.
Standard mk5 ones mate. I was well chuffed at how they came out, as they're almost xenon like. I took the plunge (mainly cos I was fed up at how crap they were all coming out) and took the camera from Auto into Full Manual. And that was what I got.

Amazing fluke mate [:)]

However if anyone knows of MK5 lights that will come out that white on standard headlamps, I'm interested please say so or PM me! [y]

C

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Aha, so that would have been the white balance setting making it look whiter...

As it happens, PIAA has just launched a 4,300K bulb, Super White Plus available in H7 fitment. These will approach the whiteness of 4,500K PIAA Tera white LED sidelights (which themselves are very, very white, see the thread for comparison with my <see next bulb>) and definitely beat my PIAA Xtreme White Plus 4,000K H7 dipped beam bulbs (which cost quite a bit more!).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts