Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a mk5 2.0 gt fsi 150hp 2004 and it's showing some errors.
The one I'm worried about is the intake manifold one. Just how screwed am I? Is it worth fixing or should I get rid of it.
It's all I could afford and I'm wondering if it's worth the repairs.
Thank you.

Attachments

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,885 Posts
You'll need to get VCDS on it to establish the number of times the fault has occured and then you can see how likely it is to keep happening. Then log data, see if the valve is responding etc. It could just need cleaned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll need to get VCDS on it to establish the number of times the fault has occured and then you can see how likely it is to keep happening. Then log data, see if the valve is responding etc. It could just need cleaned.
Alright. I don't have VCDS nor do I have someone that has access to it, so I guess I'll take it to a mechanic for a diagnostic and look for what you said.

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,885 Posts
VAG-DS is a more expensive clone but can be updated to latest software. Most clones are fixed to a version (like 12.12 usually, which is fine for a MK5).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VAG-DS is a more expensive clone but can be updated to latest software. Most clones are fixed to a version (like 12.12 usually, which is fine for a MK5).

Nice! Thanks man. Is that Bulgarian? I can't read it but I got a friend who can, definitely I need that clone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts