Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

ERM INSURANCE IS IT HI OR AM I TIGHT.

1K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  4low 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I have just got my wagen insured,its for me and the wife the wife is 30 and i am 29 we have had one claim due to vandleism but we were protected,it is for my MK4 Golf with a 225 BAM Audi TT engine fitted now running 280 bhp,i have just paid 780 pounds for the year but this allows me to do what i like to the car any mod either styling or engine wise,i think this is ok what do you guys think dear,average or good let me know please.

cheers 4low

Sorry thats fully comp with unlimited protection.

#7 ·
It really all depends on your age and postcode as much as the car in question.

eg in Brighton the insurance for a group 17 Impreza Turbo was ?1K for myself, I moved up North and it dropped to ?570.

That being the case it's hard to make meaningful comparisons other than for you to get on a few insurance websites and get different quotes to compare and contrast.

#8 ·
I presume if you have PNCD that you have full No Claims?

If this is the case, then yeah, I'd say that's a fair price.

When I had my 1.8T I paid ?900 fully comp with protected NCD.

At the time I was 28 with two serious endorsements, which I thought was ok.

Interestingly, if you get a quote without the wife on, it will be considerably

more expensive! I added my girlfriend at the time on to mine and the policy went

down by around ?200!

#9 ·
Quote: posted by Milkfloat on 07/01/2005 12:52:20

Mine is ?570 for me and the wife (1 claim) on a Revo 4bat 1.8T. No protection though. Do you think that the transplanted engine is hitting you harder than a remap?

I think it is hitting me harder then just a remap but i would not get 280 bhp with just a remap.

cheers 4low

#15 ·
Quote: posted by 4low on 07/01/2005 12:25:38

Hi guys

I have just got my wagen insured,its for me and the wife the wife is 30 and i am 29 we have had one claim due to vandleism but we were protected,it is for my MK4 Golf with a 225 BAM Audi TT engine fitted now running 280 bhp,i have just paid 780 pounds for the year but this allows me to do what i like to the car any mod either styling or engine wise,i think this is ok what do you guys think dear,average or good let me know please.

cheers 4low

Dependent on certain information (ie postcode, mileage) I could probably get a rate of around ?700, if this is of any use to you or wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01277 263030

Neil

Greenlight Insurance

www.greenlightinsurance.com

#16 ·
Quote: posted by 4low on 07/01/2005 14:07:35

Quote: posted by thechief on 07/01/2005 14:04:46

Who you insured with then mate?

Hi i was meant to say,i am with brentacre 01792650933

cheers 4low.

I'm insured with them and mine cost more than that!! 27 with full no claims

#17 ·
Quote: posted by Neil20v on 13/01/2005 14:40:17

Quote: posted by 4low on 07/01/2005 12:25:38

Hi guys

cheers 4low

Dependent on certain information (ie postcode, mileage) I could probably get a rate of around ?700, if this is of any use to you or wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01277 263030

Neil

Greenlight Insurance

www.greenlightinsurance.com

Neil i did try and get a quote of greenlight but they said that because i am in a dn22 postcode they would not insure me,which is strange to me as i live in retford and its a quiet market town.

cheers 4low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.