Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Luck?!

I'm an avid England supporter but I've absolutely no idea how we managed to get 2nd in the seedings! What was it based on, number of times your captain's shown on telly?!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Its based on performances in the past 2 world cups, and the Euro cup. All 3 of which we have done very well.

The reason they do it this way is because the official FIFA ranking puts the like of the USA in 8th place. But they play many more non-world cup qualifiing teams during their year (amercia's cup etc). Of course, this is pretty unfair as the States have never got very far in ANY world cup competition.

We should have been seeded, 2nd I think is a little too high personally but based on performance and looking at the other seeds (remember Germany automatically are seeded as Home Nation) I would say we are far better then most of them. I personally would have said 3rd, after France but remember they went out last world cup at Group Stage.

Holland have not qualified for the last world cup or Euro 2004 (if memory serves me right).....

Where were Scotland seeded? Oh yeah they didnt get tickets for Germany......hee hee hee....[:)][:D][:)][:D][:)]

Roooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope in the lead up to the WC everything goes well for them.

No injurys, win all ther games, put in great performances.

That way they will have no excuse for when they are on the first plane home[ap][:D]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Haa haa haa!!! Love it!!!

See you in Germany!!!! Probably wearing a Ghana Shirt!!!! Or ivory coast, or serbia montenegro, or or or...thats alot of shirts for JJB Scotland to sell........hee hee hee

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like how you list the crap teams, shows you England fans must be running scared of all the good teams already.......

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well as England are SEEDED we are not going to be playing any GOOD teams in the group are we.....lol...

Shame we couldnt have you in the group - 3 points all day long..

20V, are you a ManU fan too?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man U fan,[*-)] do think I am English or something??[:mad:]

It is true that you wont be playing any of the good teams though, cause you wont get that far[:D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Mate - Joking aside, your form of humour is the main reason Scots support any team that play <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region></st1:place>. Arrogance did you say? Think I will bookmark this thread and laugh my backside off when they get their BFH in the second round [;)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Even if the Scotland Team got through, which will no doubt be unlikely even in the next cup in 2010 due to the current and future crop of crap players, the Scot's would hear nothing but 1966 over and over (again) and hear the usual drivel from BBC's finest impartial presenters including Lineker, Wright and that turncoat Hanson.<o:p></o:p>

In my opinion, what would be really funny when I hear this type of crap is to see the England team get sent home because of the usual band of hooligans that follow them causing all sorts of problems [:D]. <o:p></o:p>

Remember, <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Scotland</st1:place></st1:country-region> maybe never got through but they got beat and put out gracefully and with no embarrassment from their supporters [;)]. I bet that when <st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region> get beat, there will be riots, fighting and the usual furore and there will be 10,001 excuses as to why and none will be down to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>?s performance.<o:p></o:p>

Can't wait [:D]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well said Dj............1 WC win & they think they have the right to rule the world, when in actual fact they have done bugger all since.

they were speaking about the WC draw on the news this morning & saying who they HOPE to get & who they DONT want to get............just shows you they are getting worried already.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The differences between Scotland & England:

1. Scotland have one of the most loved fans in the world, England have some of the most hated
  2. Scotland dont go into every tournament thinking they are going to win, we actually have realistic ambitions & are not full of our own self importance
  3. We dont make constant references to years gone by *cough* 1966 *cough*
  4. We dont think one of our players is the saviour of football, granted he's good be he aint no Pele
  5. We dont have pain in the a4se comentators that make things 10 times worse for oursleves
  6. And my favourite, we dont use EXCUSES for when we get stuffed

·
Registered
80 Posts
how easy is englands world cup group!scotland could cruise that group.they think they have gone through already.come on paraguay!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mate - Joking aside, your form of humour is the main reason Scots support any team that play <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region></st1:place>. Arrogance did you say? Think I will bookmark this thread and laugh my backside off when they get their BFH in the second round [;)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Even if the Scotland Team got through, which will no doubt be unlikely even in the next cup in 2010 due to the current and future crop of crap players, the Scot's would hear nothing but 1966 over and over (again) and hear the usual drivel from BBC's finest impartial presenters including Lineker, Wright and that turncoat Hanson.<o:p></o:p>

In my opinion, what would be really funny when I hear this type of crap is to see the England team get sent home because of the usual band of hooligans that follow them causing all sorts of problems [:D]. <o:p></o:p>

Remember, <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Scotland</st1:place></st1:country-region> maybe never got through but they got beat and put out gracefully and with no embarrassment from their supporters [;)]. I bet that when <st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region> get beat, there will be riots, fighting and the usual furore and there will be 10,001 excuses as to why and none will be down to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>?s performance.<o:p></o:p>

Can't wait [:D]
Dude, joking aside it wasnt me that started it - I was actually playing along. But yet again you have proved that while the Scots like dishing the wind ups and comments out, they dont like taking it back. I think its a big jelousy thing. Like I said, Im a FOOTBALL fan first and would have prefered all the nations in the World Cup because I would have cheered for England, Scotland Wales, Northern Ireland and even the Republic. It becomes more of a home nations thing.

Yes the press do go on about 1966, far too much but thats not the fans is it. There is always a "bad" element of fans but in my 16 years of travelling to away games ive never seen any. Case in Point - England v Columbia France 98 - I was drinking and singing in a little bar with a massive mixed set of fans, french, german, braziallian etc......had a really really good laugh.....half hour after we all leave to walk to the ground my mobile rings with one of my mates asking if I was ok. He was watching the news and it was showing a massive kick off between england fans and Dutch fans (when I saw it when I got back it was actually at the bar we were in). Now the funny thing was we actually went back to the bar after the game to meet up with the group I was with. I asked the manager what happened and he said nothing. The only trouble he had seen all week was 2 nights before and he told us then that even though people were wearing england shirts, they were FRENCH ! Let me say that again - IT HAD HAPPENED 2 NIGHTS BEFORE.

So dont belive everything you see on the news or read in the press.

England have a damm good following of supporters, and of course we believe at the moment we can go all the way. Its been a long time coming and if you think the press go on about 1966 alot, can you image what it will be like if we win 2006......

40 years of hurt......Never stopped beliving...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Dude, joking aside it wasnt me that started it - I was actually playing along. But yet again you have proved that while the Scots like dishing the wind ups and comments out, they dont like taking it back. I think its a big jelousy thing. Like I said, Im a FOOTBALL fan first and would have prefered all the nations in the World Cup because I would have cheered for England, Scotland Wales, Northern Ireland and even the Republic. It becomes more of a home nations thing.

Yes the press do go on about 1966, far too much but thats not the fans is it. There is always a "bad" element of fans but in my 16 years of travelling to away games ive never seen any. Case in Point - England v Columbia France 98 - I was drinking and singing in a little bar with a massive mixed set of fans, french, german, braziallian etc......had a really really good laugh.....half hour after we all leave to walk to the ground my mobile rings with one of my mates asking if I was ok. He was watching the news and it was showing a massive kick off between england fans and Dutch fans (when I saw it when I got back it was actually at the bar we were in). Now the funny thing was we actually went back to the bar after the game to meet up with the group I was with. I asked the manager what happened and he said nothing. The only trouble he had seen all week was 2 nights before and he told us then that even though people were wearing england shirts, they were FRENCH ! Let me say that again - IT HAD HAPPENED 2 NIGHTS BEFORE.

So dont belive everything you see on the news or read in the press.

England have a damm good following of supporters, and of course we believe at the moment we can go all the way. Its been a long time coming and if you think the press go on about 1966 alot, can you image what it will be like if we win 2006......

40 years of hurt......Never stopped beliving...
What exactly are the Scot's jealous of then mate? As a nation, the Scot's know their national football team is crap, and is likely to remain that way for some time, or even eternity. Any joking, and there is a lot of it done against the Scot's, is taken well on the jaw. For sure, banter is given and received both ways, and in good humour. The Scot's fans are adored throughout the world and noted for their excellent behaviour. So if they are so bad and so jealous, why do they choose to support all "home nations" except England, any underdog team or indeed whoever is playing England?!

Have you heard of The English Disease?.

Last Sunday night, soon after England lost to France in the first round of Euro 2004, Boston was ablaze again. Two police cars were overturned and torched, Threshers off-licence was set alight, and a gang of 70 men rampaged through one of the quietest small market towns in England. Store fronts were vandalised, and the contents looted. Not since Anderson of the Fens led the anti-enclosure riots in the 17th century had the rural east of England seen such aggression. 'They even smashed the charity shop windows,' my mother said.
I doubt you could blame that on Dutch, French etc could you?!

Not that I think that it will happen, but I really dread the day England win the Football world cup, especially this one. Think I will become a hermit or move abroad! Lol!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just seen this thread and I can't believe we are going into this again. Scottish and English football fans are never going to see eye to eye.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts