Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i drive my car for most of yesterday but today i started it up and was just sitting there running for about 20 mins and loads of oil started coming out from the bottom iv look around and it seems to of came from the dip stick, would this be because too much oil its hard to see because its dark but its all down the back of engine towards the driver side any ideas where it could be coming from or why it might of happend also it has sort of stopped coming out now, its lost quite a bit but the oil light ent on

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
If it's on the back of the engine on the drivers side, check the crank breather that should go into the airbox. Might have come off or cracked. Would explain if it's alot of oil though, like gushing

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its done it again
drove 20 mins and the oil light started flashing red so i stopped but when i turn it on again it was not on
but the oil has came out from the top of the dipstick again but the dipstick was properly in
any one have any ideas

·
Registered
521 Posts
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/394697.aspx

Happened to alot of us mate!
the breather pipe gets blocked with gunk over time, and because of the cold weather it has frozen, the pressure of which is pushing the oil out of your dipstick, give your breather a clean and it should all be okay, mines all sorted now

hope ive helped,

Jord.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts