Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, need a bit of help here!

So I go to leave for Bristol last night (from London) for a night out with mates. Night before I filled her up and car was fine, although a warning notice, saying: service now came up. When I started it the next day, not fine. Idling really rough, lower than normal sounds like a tractor and almost stalling. Won't pull away properly, and really dragging. Then the yellow light on the dashboard lights up, the gearbox one I think?? And when I go over 20mph it flashes. Not really a good start to the journey, and decided to leave the car there and travell down in a mates instead.

Anything sound familiar?? Any help greatly appreciated!!

Will.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, after a bit more investigation, it turns out the warning light is the exhaust emmisions light!! Idiot!

After reading some other posts it sound like it could be the lambda sensor, so will have to wait and see after getting it on vagcom.

just glad it dosent seem to be as i first feared. i cant seem to find a guide or how to though how easy is it to replace?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm with the RAC, so i decided to call them out just to see if they can shed any light on it. Turned up in half hour and fixed it!

Handy that the bloke used to work for vw prob. but straight away he said coil packs.

Found out which one by process of elimination and changed the set there and then! Cleared the old fault with their own version of vagcom and seem to be fine!

Cost me £72 for two genuine vw coils. Dont really know if thats good or not?

Im happy anyway as it saves me going to tps and fitting myself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts