Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing and came across a test for a Canadian spec Mk4 TDi - 2004 model. It had a photo of the TDi engine cover which is different to the ones I have seen (and have on my own car) - looks quite good as well.

Were they available in the UK?

Link to photo -

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/images/04golf_tdi_5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/04golf_tdi.htm&h=600&w=800&sz=63&tbnid=437VFhCSSkNvuM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=142&hl=en&start=13&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGolf%2Btdi%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DRNWE,RNWE:2005-48,RNWE:en%26sa%3DN

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Thats the same cover that was on my Golf Plus courtesy car I had last week which was a 1.9.  Presume the Mk5 golf will be the same.  I will check on the Caddy at work tomorrow (Got a Focus 1.8 TDCI Sport today lol)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi, I've been looking for this cover but can't seem to find anything about it,

But i did find this

Posted Image

as jrw says its off the Golf+ TDI but it's not the same shape as the one off the MkIV'

R

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Posted Image

That could solve the S3 upper strut brace/PD engine cover fouling issue

Need a part number!

PM me it when you get one, I need a new cover after snapping mine when I removed it [:'(]

BTW, I saw you again on Tuesday night, North Bound M6 nr J6, I was sat in that loooooong Q

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm waiting for a reply from my nephew in Western Canada who has got the pics of the cover with the link to the review and is going around to the VW agents for me to try and get the part number and local price.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I do.

In the meanwhile who's going to borrow a Golf + TDI and try the cover?????????

Rob

·
Registered
637 Posts
The Golf Plus unit is a different part, and it may still fit but it won't be like the picture above snuggly fitting around all the cables etc etc

I think the part is a Canada only part as we have never seen anything like it out of Germany but if anyone manages to get a PN we can certainly try

Cheers
C

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Chris, my nephew has come back to me saying it may take him a couple of days to check this out with his local dealer in Edmonton Alberta as he's very busy at work, but as soon as I hear anything i'll PM you with any numbers I get.

If he finds it he's going to get a price and shipping cost for me.

Rob

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I'm interested also, could you publish the part no on the thread

didn't some MK5 get the 1.9 TDI PD engine I think it was the 105 bhp version, what does that engine cover look like?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there any more info on this type of tdi engine cover, ie part number and if they are available in Britain. Am keen on fitting a S3 upper strut brace and want to keep my engine cover and as stated in previous posts this looks to be the answer.[:)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Is there any more info on this type of tdi engine cover, ie part number and if they are available in Britain. Am keen on fitting a S3 upper strut brace and want to keep my engine cover and as stated in previous posts this looks to be the answer.[:)]
there is a strut brace on the market which clears the bulky PD engine covers.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If you mean the Wiechers one then don't buy it!  I did, it doesn't completely clear the cover and appears not to offer much structural integrity.  S3 one and a smaller or removed cover would be my recommendation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it the same one that Reflex has Mike that your on about. What im after is to leave the cover on plus fit the S3 one as for what it is the price is brill. Thats why was asking to see if there is any more info on the alternative cover as it looks to give more space at the bulkhead. Cheers guys.[:)]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Unfortunately not, my nephew has been to all his local dealerships and asked around the local VW enthusiasts, I've spoken to quite a few dealerships in Canada & America and emailed them a photo but nobody has been able to find anything out about this cover.

I'm currently trying to get one of the service engineers (over from Ohio) who are setting up a new machine where I work to try and find out anything about this XXXXXXXX cover when they go back home......but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

R

1 - 20 of 116 Posts