Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all and first happy new year to all. im just looking for some advice, i have recently purchased a V A G test to look at the fault on my mk4 1.4 petrol golf the tester came up with code: p0118 engine colant temp sensor g62 signal too high. are these sensors hard to replace and where on the engine are they ?

any help be much appreciated

thanks paul[:D]

·
Registered
26 Posts
These sensors are easy to replace paul, Just find the sensor which will be housed in the thermostat housing pulll off the multi plug,,, undo your expansion cap to release any pressure,, put cap back on, remove the sensor retainging clip and pull out sensor ( and make sure old rubber seal comes out with it)

*please note coolant will piss out at this point*

put new sensore with new rubber seal in re-fit retaning clip plug back on,,, start up car and check its not leaking,, remove expansion cap and top up with coolant

put heaters to hot middle air vents and about 3 0r 4 speed setting to bleed cooling system,

once air is hot in vents put expansion cap back on and wait for cooling fan to cut in...

erase code job done

Lee

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
These sensors are easy to replace paul, Just find the sensor which will be housed in the thermostat housing pulll off the multi plug,,, undo your expansion cap to release any pressure,, put cap back on, remove the sensor retainging clip and pull out sensor ( and make sure old rubber seal comes out with it)

*please note coolant will wee wee out at this point*

put new sensore with new rubber seal in re-fit retaning clip plug back on,,, start up car and check its not leaking,, remove expansion cap and top up with coolant

put heaters to hot middle air vents and about 3 0r 4 speed setting to bleed cooling system,

once air is hot in vents put expansion cap back on and wait for cooling fan to cut in...

erase code job done

Lee
How does that help? I would say the best way to get air out is to drain the system and refill slowly. Then run the car up to a highish temp with the reservoir cap off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts