Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my 99 golf for about 2 months now and geting some big problems with it, the engine in burning oil i think because its using a lot, and some blue smoke when you put youre foot down, also the gear box is on its way out,

asked a friend about putting a 1.8 engine in but he said its probebly more hassel and more expencive than its worth, so i was wondering if i can put a 1.4 engine back in but is there any reasonably cheep parts i can change to get more power out off the engine cuz its too slow. ben.

·
Shell's best customer
3,227 Posts
Simple answer? There aint a lot left to get out of the 1.4.

Lots of people have done the conversion and not found it TOO difficult, I'll be attempting the same thing soon since well, my 1.4 has gone too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Simple answer? There aint a lot left to get out of the 1.4.

Lots of people have done the conversion and not found it TOO difficult, I'll be attempting the same thing soon since well, my 1.4 has gone too.
Yeah im with iDentiti there really ain't much you can get out of a 1.4 really, same here i will be attempting the same thing soon i've seen plenty of people do it and haven't found it that hard providing you know your stuff, done your homework.

·
Shell's best customer
3,227 Posts
Only problems I've been having is getting a straight answer from the DVLA on how to register it with them, and insurance refusing to cover it... [:S]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts