Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an email address at VW Uk that actually listens properly to a complaint regarding rejecting a car???? any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
IL Just get it for you hang on one min

Edit

I did a post for it the other day . and they do listen to ya , best person i found once ya phone up is

Sarah Allen heres the phone number .....01908 679 121

Oh and please dont say where ya got the number from lol,

This Clicky takes ya to my post where ya can find Paul willis email addy

Clicky

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Does anybody have an email address at VW Uk that actually listens properly to a complaint regarding rejecting a car???? any help would be much appreciated.
What's the problem?

As I've posted before, your contract is with the supplying dealer, not VW UK. I refjected a car directly with the dealer, VW UK were not involved in the process at all apart from me courtesy copying them all letters.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
thats it exactly...write to the dealer principal explaining what is wrong with the car. They will reply and tell you that the car can only be rejected within 30 days or 1000 miles from delivery ( which will get on your baps but is a standard reply ). If you have had a recurring problem, VW are "allowed" to have 3 goes at rectifying the fault before the car becomes rejectable - of course, they will deny this

Copy your letter to VW at Milton Keynes.

If the dealership agrees that the car is rejectable - they will offer you a ridiculous price for yours..and make a mileage adjustment too if you are really unlucky. VW UK may agree to make a contribution to make your pain less

Good luck - its a helluva battle but you will get there in the end..I should know[:)]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
How long have you had the car?

I rejected mine in the first month and had to pay nothing. They didn't ask for 3 attempts to fix the car, but I have heard of this before.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
me ? I had had it 5 months when they finally agreed to replace it ( i'd notified the dealer about faults from 4 weeks in)...anyway, its coming up 11 months old now & has settled down

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your help. I have had the car 6 months now and have covered 3700 miles. I have had a new windscreen, due to not bonding correctly, which ked to me having new carpets throughout the car. I now need a new steering rack, new flywheel, two new door seals. leaking back window. Intermitent fault with the drivers front speak. and a software glich with the Midline computer, so i am hoping that they count all these jobs and justify a replacement.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
me ? I had had it 5 months when they finally agreed to replace it ( i'd notified the dealer about faults from 4 weeks in)...anyway, its coming up 11 months old now & has settled down
Sorry to bring up an old thread but, i am having no end of problems with my car and i am getting very very annoyed now [putting it politely], they have tried to fix this miss firing issue more than 3 times, i will have been down to the dealer since owning the car at LEAST 20+ times.. What's my options now? Can i reject the car? Would they replace it or just bum me over when i order a new another car?

Problems:

Had 3 sterring racks [Yes 3]

4 injectors

New instrument cluster

Centre dash has always rattled and creaked, tried to fix it and it's still there.

And now this endless miss firing issue, it's been doing this for 6 months, i dropped my car off on the 12th of august and it's still there now and they still can't give me a date as to when i will get it back.

Not happy [n]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sorry to hear that - mine is now going in for a rattle like thunder on the passengers door, and super tractor noises and grinding from the engine bay.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but, i am having no end of problems with my car and i am getting very very annoyed now [putting it politely], they have tried to fix this miss firing issue more than 3 times, i will have been down to the dealer since owning the car at LEAST 20+ times.. What's my options now? Can i reject the car? Would they replace it or just bum me over when i order a new another car?

And now this endless miss firing issue, it's been doing this for 6 months, i dropped my car off on the 12th of august and it's still there now and they still can't give me a date as to when i will get it back.

Not happy
I found VW UK to be incredibly helpful wih a problem on an Eos after one dealer had six goes to sort a major problem. (I didn't go to the dealer who supplied the car because they were too far away).

They arranged for the UK "expert" on this car to look at at all the dealer "DIS reports". We were at the point of having the car either trailered away to a competent dealer or me just rejecting it outright. Only when the the "expert" gave the dealer a magic bullet fix did the problem go away. I got my own case manager and was kept fully informed of what they were proposing and what converstions they were having with the dealer. Throughout the process the option of rejecting the car was always on the table and they didn't wriggle and squirm to avoid it, just recognised that I would be pushing the button if things were not sorted out.

If you are struggling with some clown at the dealer, my first suggestion would be to try somewhere else. After that, speak to VW in Milton Keynes, put your problems in writing if necessary (I didn't need to), and make sure you persevere and keep chasing. Keep telling them that you really don't want to reject the car, but.....

It is a freefone number so you won't even be be paying if you spend a few minutes listening to elevator music.

Of course, the age of the car will be a big factor in determining just how hard you can push, yours might already be a bit long in the tooth to reject. You can also bet that that if you have changed it from original spec by mapping or anything else then your leverage is very low, especially for engine problems like your misfire.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts

Not happy
I found VW UK to be incredibly helpful wih a problem on an Eos after one dealer had six goes to sort a major problem. (I didn't go to the dealer who supplied the car because they were too far away).

They arranged for the UK "expert" on this car to look at at all the dealer "DIS reports". We were at the point of having the car either trailered away to a competent dealer or me just rejecting it outright. Only when the the "expert" gave the dealer a magic bullet fix did the problem go away. I got my own case manager and was kept fully informed of what they were proposing and what converstions they were having with the dealer. Throughout the process the option of rejecting the car was always on the table and they didn't wriggle and squirm to avoid it, just recognised that I would be pushing the button if things were not sorted out.

If you are struggling with some clown at the dealer, my first suggestion would be to try somewhere else. After that, speak to VW in Milton Keynes, put your problems in writing if necessary (I didn't need to), and make sure you persevere and keep chasing. Keep telling them that you really don't want to reject the car, but.....

It is a freefone number so you won't even be be paying if you spend a few minutes listening to elevator music.

Of course, the age of the car will be a big factor in determining just how hard you can push, yours might already be a bit long in the tooth to reject. You can also bet that that if you have changed it from original spec by mapping or anything else then your leverage is very low, especially for engine problems like your misfire.
My car has had several DIS reports from the people in Germany who designed the engine and so far they have not been able to find the fault, it wasn't until I insisted that someone hooked the car up on the computer whilst I sat in the car revving it to 1200 RPM that the computer showed a miss fire, hooking it up to VAG COM showed nothing. <o:p></o:p>

My car has been there since Tuesday and they have had loads of attempts at fixing it, I can't fault the dealer for service when trying to fix it but at the end of the day I have paid for this car and it's not fit for purpose. <o:p></o:p>

I have written a letter of complaint to VW MK and I am waiting for a response, I have had a heated discussion with the main manager down at my dealer who says, I can't just reject the car, [it's 11 months old, and had this issue for around 6 months]. I asked him what were my options for exchanging/swapping it etc and he proceeded to try and sell me a Scirrocco! I declined as I don't see why I should put more money to another car when the one I bought was supposed to be the 'bees knees' when buying it. I have said that I don't want to give the car back but if I am pushed into a corner with this fault and that fact that it can't be diagnosed, and then I will do. I hope VW MK are helpful with me as they were for you because I have lost all patience now, I have been patient for months and months with the steering rack faults, brake fault, 4 wheel alignment and so on..<o:p></o:p>

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Aiden, have you looked at the sale of Goods Act ?

Q1. What is an inherent fault?

A fault present at the time of purchase. Examples are:
? an error in design so that a product is manufactured incorrectly
? an error in manufacturing where a faulty component was inserted.
The "fault" may not become apparent immediately but it was there at the time of sale and so the product was not of satisfactory standard.

Q2. Do I only have rights for 30 (or some other figure) days after purchase?

No. Depending on circumstances, you might be too late to have all your money back after this time, but the trader will still be liable for any breaches of contract, such as the goods being faulty. In fact, the trader could be liable to compensate you for up to six years.

Q3. Are all goods supposed to last six (or five) years?

No, that is the limit for bringing a court case in England and Wales (five years from the time of discovery in Scotland's case). An item only needs to last as long as it is reasonable to expect it to, taking into account all the factors. An oil filter would usually not last longer than a year but that would not mean it was unsatisfactory.

Q4. I know I can demand my money back within a "reasonable time" but how long is that?

The law does not specify a precise time as it will vary for most sales contracts as all the factors need to be taken into account to be fair to all sides. The pair of everyday shoes may only have a few days before the period expires but a pair of skis, purchased in a Summer Sale, may be allowed a longer period by a court.

Q5. After the "reasonable time" has passed, what can I do?

You may seek damages, which would be the amount of money necessary to have the goods repaired or replaced. Frequently retailers will themselves offer repair or replacement. But, if you are a consumer (not making the purchase in the course of a business) you have the statutory right to seek a repair or replacement as an alternative to seeking damages.

PS - Chris knows what I was thinking when I said my car had settled down...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts