Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
11,653 Posts
or just do a google search there are plenty of sources out there for version 5.9 and 6 that are both reliable and working, the last time i downloaded version 6 was this year I tested it in a virtual pc setup and it's working just fine and virus free too. It came with both the manual and installation instructions. Something the previous 5.9 version didn't come with, but can be found online on several websites.

that is if you haven't already got a link from @adam-

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or just do a google search there are plenty of sources out there for version 5.9 and 6 that are both reliable and working, the last time i downloaded version 6 was this year I tested it in a virtual pc setup and it's working just fine and virus free too. It came with both the manual and installation instructions. Something the previous 5.9 version didn't come with, but can be found online on several websites.

that is if you haven't already got a link from @adam-
yeah I've found a couple of websites with download links after doing a google search but i was just a bit skepticial as to which one to use as some people say some of the download links have viruses. I sent a PM to adam but haven't heard anything back as of yet.

· Registered
11,653 Posts
yeah I've found a couple of websites with download links after doing a google search but i was just a bit skepticial as to which one to use as some people say some of the download links have viruses. I sent a PM to adam but haven't heard anything back as of yet.
I just PM'd you... should be sorted if you do as instructed.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is anyone else running Elsawin software that has encountered the following error when you are trying to install the database files "Not Supported Version"?

I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, am not sure what i am doing wrong to be honest. I am running all files as an administrator and i create a new admin user before installing the newer versions.

If anyone could shed some light that would be really appreciated.

· Registered
11,653 Posts
The installer he got from me got everything except for Adobe reader but that is the free version that needs downloading and installing. (Not needed if it's already installed)

And I told him how to install it multiple times, up to the point where I got so tired of helping him I said I am not his personal helpdesk.

The software download actually comes with an installation manual and the complete user manual for version 6 in English!

Also version 6 gets rid of all the visual studio stuff and uses MS SQL server so it is more compact, and less services needed to have the lot running, it also gives more flexibility and control for multiple users.
And since it's a multi-user based program it has both a administrative and client interface. And that's what makes it such a PITA to install.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The installer he got from me got everything except for Adobe reader but that is the free version that needs downloading and installing. (Not needed if it's already installed)

And I told him how to install it multiple times, up to the point where I got so tired of helping him I said I am not his personal helpdesk.

The software download actually comes with an installation manual and the complete user manual for version 6 in English!

Also version 6 gets rid of all the visual studio stuff and uses MS SQL server so it is more compact, and less services needed to have the lot running, it also gives more flexibility and control for multiple users.
And since it's a multi-user based program it has both a administrative and client interface. And that's what makes it such a PITA to install.
I followed your instructions word for word and it doesn't work am afraid, maybe for you guys but not for me. I ran everything as an admin and created a new user before installing later versions etc etc and then I tried installing the database file last as you suggested and I keep getting the same error "Not Supported Version" It's probably got something to do with the version of windows i am running i guess. Anyway am not gonna waste anymore time trying if this is what you have to through to get something working its dogshit really.

· Registered
11,653 Posts
Did you install adobe acrobat reader as I just pointed out as it is a requirement that isn't part of the installation but it does tell you if it is not installed. Amd if it is already installed just update it as it is free software... that makes sure you got a compatible version.

Of it still doesn't work after.that than I can't help you any further... unless you got some patience and have vm-ware... in that case I might just make a virtual running version that you can just run when needed.

Ps. If I didn't have an IT background than I would've given up also myself... it's not the easiest install

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes i have adobe acrobat reader installed and it's the latest version. Don't know what vm ware is to be honest and how that would work with this software. I assume it will cost some money to get it set up?

· Registered
11,653 Posts
That would be me giving you a download to a virtual pc, that runs but needs vmware to run so basically a fully working pc with the software installed and ready to be used...

But I haven't made one yet and if you don't have vm-ware it would be a pointless exercise.

I'll see if I can do a windows virtual pc... it doesn't need anything special. Will get back to you on that.. but right now I'm prepping another laptop for diagnostic and tuning purposes... so won't be today that I'll have it finished probably somewhere next week.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would be me giving you a download to a virtual pc, that runs but needs vmware to run so basically a fully working pc with the software installed and ready to be used...

But I haven't made one yet and if you don't have vm-ware it would be a pointless exercise.

I'll see if I can do a windows virtual pc... it doesn't need anything special. Will get back to you on that.. but right now I'm prepping another laptop for diagnostic and tuning purposes... so won't be today that I'll have it finished probably somewhere next week.
Ok if it’s possible for you to do this that would be really appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts