Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
/sigh/
cos the mods on the guys car are not to your tastes it doesn't make them feel particularly welcome with negative comments as above. We modify cars for ourselves and not anyone else... well I do anyway.

Nice car mate, if you're happy then thats what counts

·
Registered
811 Posts
(".)............(whistles away)........

Oh this forum is full of opinionated snobs isn't it??? I must say that some of the mods are not to my preferred choice but on the whole the car looks a damn site better than most! Do you have any performance mods?

I hope the above from others is only friendly banter....

Tim

·
Registered
811 Posts
i think the car is nice.. but i am not a fan of the lexus lights iam afraid..

there is no need for neg comments like some of the above.. i like to see golfs looking different, because if everyone did the same mod it would be very boring..

Do you have Any other plans for your car Jay_V6???

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
yeh i agree certain members can be snobbish - sometimes its good to be different.but hey . . .
"if everybody looked the same, we be tired of looking at each other" . . lose the rear lights btw dude!!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Jay works local to me and is car is always clean - OK so the rear lights are not my choice either but its personal taste.

I must say that when I first saw him in the summer ( sneaking off work early i'd guess[;)] ), I thought the car looked great - the paint looks deeeeeep too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not in this threaad i dont, i see a lexus light equipped golf with a dodgy spoiler, hardly nice.
Harsh words..but funny all the same!

What can I say, you have spent alot of money, and I like it, you'll eventually get those rear lights changed I bet, but apart from that its looking good!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Not in this threaad i dont, i see a lexus light equipped golf with a dodgy spoiler, hardly nice.
no need.
Why is there no need, should I just lie and say it looks great in my
eyes! no, in my eyes the wheels look good the jazz blue is spot on
however I dont think the valances or skirts are great but arent enough
to comment, however I do think the lights are crap as is the rear
spoiler, which resmbles a mondeo estate spoiler bolted to an old fiesta.

The guy asked for an opinion and he got it, where in the forum rules
does it say "thow shalt not criticise another members car even when
they ask for an opinion"

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
point taken.

but put it this way, how would you like it if you came on here as a newbie and posted your pride and joy people slated it?.....as a forum as a whole, the place is full of snobs, and one tracked OEM+ minds........broaden your horizons and view points.

and no, it dont say anything about that stuff in the rules, however, you need not sound so much like a fool, or could indeed try diplomacy. instead of outright harshness. look at what others have written....."light aint to my taste, but apart from that....." etc etc......not harsh, but diplomatic, but at the same putting a view across.

i'd hate to be a newbie again. wouldnt you? think on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts