Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

few problems with my electrics. other week i tried taking head unit out of car to re-fit wires but didn't take the battery off first. since then i've attempted (badly) to re-earth the stereo as once back in place it wouldn't work which has led to the stereo bein of no use whatsoever. then the fun began. alternator workshop appeared on dash, later followed the dashboard lights only workin when they chose to, then 30secs after turnin engine off yesterday i couldn't restart it again and had to jump it. 5 mins up the road i've got abs lights on, airbag light appears, parking brake swiftly follows and then it decides to cut out. after bumpin twice more on the move it finally died outside the house. today my mate looks at it starts it an says its fine. so i drive it. to the petrol station where it won't restart and i have to bump once again. 20 yards down the road i've no lights an it keeps dying. what on earth should i begin to look at??? please also bare in mind a borrowed stereo from a friend works fine in car (if that makes any difference) any help greatly appreciated as i'n at my wits end with this car now :-(

thanks for your time

Lewis

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also added as a favourite. thanks very much chris. great guide also :-D time for a tinker i thinks

Lewis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts