Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Awsome GTI

I will be replacing my suspension soon (probably in the new year). I was going to go for the Eibach / Bilstein B4 combo and am after your best price for parts and fitting with alignment. How much can you do me for?

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Mate

Sorry I have been on catch up at the mo with the enqiries , I was off last week and trying to catch up.

I think all calls going in to Manchester have been diverted through to us too.

Oh well it keeps us busy

Sorry for the delay anyway

Right I have got a price for you

This includes the shockers , springs , fitting , geo set up and the VAT

The price is ?493.92

Hope that helps

Sarah

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Sarah,

I'll probably get back to you in the new year... way too busy to fit it in before christmas. Sounds like you are too!

A couple more weeks and you can put your feet up for a week!

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Phil

I was off last week and I have a few days off next week too [:)]

But have a few bits to do too for between christmas and new year

We are chocka full this week and we are filling up nicely thank you for next week

But hey you know we would love to help you , so give us a shout when your ready and we will get you in at a time to suit you

We also have a couple of courtesy cars too so you could always go in to Trafford centre to catch up on the January sales

Sarah

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sarah, Hope you had a good new year.

Just got another quick question about sorting my rubish clunky suspension. I get a horrid loud bang when I go over even small bumps and grids occaisionally... not good! From reading the forum I hear that top mount bushes can need replacing (especially as I have about 74k on the clock). If when your engineers are fitting my new shocks they notice anything that looks a bit badgered ie top mount bushes... can you just replace them (I mean do you carry stock of standard bushes) and is the cost covered in the fitting charge [;)]. I was thinking of having a run up to Awsome on Saturday so I know where you are, and also to book the car in.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Phil

Yes pop along and see us.

We have a small gathering looking like coming to us about 2pm ish from SCN forum , so we can get a great little gathering going [Y]

The fitting of the top mounts would be included in the fitting of the shocks and springs , but the price of them will not be , but they are not THAT expensive to start with

The lads know what to look for and will give it a check over while they are fitting them anyway , so they will not let you drive away if they can be done at the same time

Hope that helps

Sarah

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sarah,

My cars booked in at Awsome this Saturday for the Koni kit... you talked me out of the eibachs and b4's! Cant wait to have it fitted!

Just a quick question: My rear wiper connection has split and is leaking on my boot lid sensor. I hear you can get larger uprated connections for the rear wiper to fix this problem. Do you have any in? Or will I have to go to the stealers for these?

Cheers,

Phil.

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
Hi phil!

We can sort that, but there's no uprated part unfortunatly, no uprated bits for that.

Let me know if you need me to get this in (i'll check if we can do it on saturday, as we get a bit busy!!)

Bye for now

Dean

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Dean,

Ive taped and tie wraped it for now but it still leaks a bit. I can fix it my self if you have any of the plastic push on connectors spare. I know this is a really common fault with the mk4 so just thought you might have had some connectors in stock. Does'nt matter if you have none in, I'll get it sorted another time.

Phil.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Awsome.

Had my car done last weekend (koni kit) thanks, totally transformed the cars handling! [:D]

However I am a little dissapointed in the rear ride height. Currently I have a 1 finger arch gap at the front but a 3 finger gap at the rear. Asked on the forum and people have suggested weighing down the rear but I cant ride round with 80kg in the boot from now on! Is the rear going to drop eventually? All the pics I have seen of cars with the koni kit look nice and level. Should I just give it more time (its has only been 5 days)? What are my options?

Cheers,

Phil.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Phil

Give it another week and give us a shout back , yes it can take a while to settle in

But glad that you like the better handling , the guys was quite quick with your car wasn`t they?

You should have told us that you was off the forum , nice to be able to put a face to a name [Y]

Sarah

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Sarah

Should have mentioned that I was from the forum [:$]

Thought the shocks might take a bit longer to bed in but just wanted to check (you can get varied advise as to how long the shocks can take to settle on here). The heavy diesel lump at the front has bedded in the fronts soon enough but there is no weight in the back. I'll load the boot up with my old wheels for a week or 2 to help the settling process.

The guys were about 3 hours doing my car, but spotted an axle bush and cv boot that need doing [:|]

Will keep you posted if the rear settles.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Sarah,

Sorry to be a pain but the rear end is still quite high. Been doing some measuring and it seems my car is 30mm higher at the rear than some other forum members with the same set up but a level car. Any chance something can be done about this, I think it looks a bit daft at the moment! Definately not what I was expecting for the cash spent. Just read a post giving advise about leveling:

Here's a couple of things I noticed when I fitted springs to my car : when I fitted my rear Eibach Pro-Kit springs I noticed that there were separate metal top and bottom spring seats that had to be put on the spring before you put the spring on the car. The top one defo had to go on but I think the bottom one could be missed out as it was only a daft thin metal job. This should give abit less rear ride height. Also when I did my rear springs I loosened the axle mounting bolts after I sat the car back on the ground and then bounced the car abit, and then tightened the bolts back up so the mounts would sit properly at the new ride height. Doing this helped quite abit.

Just wondering if doing this would make the car sit level?

Regards,

Phil

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Phil

I think we should get it bck in for you and have a check over.

Is there any day that you could pop in and see us?

I will have to book it in as I would need a ramp for a while for you , so let me know when you are available and I will get this in for you

Sarah

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Sarah,

I need my axle bushes doing so I may as well let you have a look when I get that done. Might be a couple of monthe though. For now I have loaded another 50 house bricks in my boot... what MPG [:S]! Been doing some reading up on here and a heavy load has done the trick for a few people. Apparently bags of wet sand seem to be the favourite! I'll give you a ring when I can book my car in for the axle bushes.

Phil [Y]

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Phil

Yes no problem

The axle bushes will be a great time to check it all out for you

Bit extream that , house bricks.

But hey we can at least check it all out for you

If you need to get in earlier , please feel free to give me a shout

Sarah

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.