Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am sorry if this question has been answered many times. I looked in the technical section but the only guide there talks about the Allard delete kit. I understand an Allard kit would fail the MOT now as it's obvious that the egr valve has been deleted. I was wondering whether I can simply insert a blanking plate between the egr pipe and the egr valve itself and not touch anything else. This is how it's done on T4 transporter which I did on mine as well, without any adverse effects but not sure about the PD engines. T4 does not have an egr cooler but I don't know whether that makes a difference. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
i did that to mine, easiest way plus you keep the ASV (anti shudder valve) to prevent a runaway engine. just remember you need to block the egr feed-pipe off on both sides so it doesn't crack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi northpole, thank you. How easy to get to the other end of the EGR pipe on the Golf? The reason I am asking is that I was unable to do the bolts on the exhaust manifold end of the EGR pipe in my T4 and ending up only blocking the EGR end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
Interesting thread and thanks for posting.
Running a 150hp ARL and intend to do the same,also note a thread by another ARL owner claiming an improvment in mpg which is always welcome.
Have bought the blanking plates,but a question please: do i need to disconnect and blank off the vac feed pipe to the EGR or can i leave as is?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excellent! many thanks for the reply.

Have bought two blanking plates,just need to find a spare hour or two to delve into it.

Hope to gain a bit of mpg, will report back.Can currently attain mid 50’s if i really tickle the pedal but its usually in the 40’s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts