Hi
i have a mk6 golf its in limp mode
i have had it scanned it says sensor a and sensor b are faulty on the egr valve
is the sensors part off the egr valve
thanks

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Check if the wiring to the egr valve isn't damaged or if the connector hasn't got water ingress (corrosion) if it doesn't you'll want to go to the dealer and ask them to check if the car has had the recall work carried out... they can check it on the cars VIN.... if not they'll have to do the work at no cost at all or seriously reduced charges...if it has had the recall work done already... your best solution will be to replace the complete EGR valve, with a new one.

As i pointed out the design of the egr valve has problems and it has been addressed by VW hence the recall.

this is what pops up on ross the ross tech wiki:

16791/P0407/001031 - EGR Potentiometer (G212): Signal too Low
Possible Symptoms
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212) faulty
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212)
  • Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212)
Special Notes
Numerous RoW market flash updates and recalls exist for this DTC in CR TDI engine sizes; 1.2L, 1.6L and 2.0L. Check your Official Factory Repair Information sources for applicable TPIs and contact your local dealer with the VIN to see if any recalls are open.

16792/P0408/001032 - EGR Potentiometer (G212): Signal too High
Possible Symptoms
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212) faulty
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212)
  • Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Potentiometer (G212)

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,117 Posts
Odd - you mentioned Sensor A / B but the above code is for a single sensor (G212). I'm wondering if it's a pot like a throttle pedal/body and there's two inverse pots.

Check power/ground. Is that the only code you have? Does it clear/come back? VCDS would be good to verify measuring blocks and see what the ECU thinks it's seeing at this sensor.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
it's a pot setup @adam- hence the reason why i told him to check the wiring first, if that doesn't work than he'll be left with replacing the thing but, VW has a few recalls all regarding the EGR valves, 3 of which i know about that actually involves replacing the whole egr setup, not just the egr valve but the whole intake part it sits in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts