1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Need some advice pls.
2007 golf 1.9tdi bxe engine with dsg.

Leaking oil at the egr valve and getting a whistle as most likely the seals are leaking as i opened up the egr to clean about 2 months ago.
Looking at buying just the egr delete bit and keeping the asv.

If i remove vacuum hose block off the the egr entry pipe and just change the seals is that all i need to do?
Will i get a code? I did unplug vacuum hose for 2 days and i didn't get a light then!

Someone pls help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. Early yesterday unplugged vacuum hose and plugged it. Eml has come on.

Now if i change seals and use a blocking plate underneath egr and just leave vacuum hose connected, will that keep the light off?
It will still stop exhaust gases recirculating and hopefully keep the eml off, is that right?

Because im. Thinking its the vacuum gose causing the eml if im right?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
In one post you said you'd plug the EGR port, and in the next you said the vacuum line. Did you plug both up or just one?

Get a scan done to see why the light came on, rather than guessing. It may be on for lack of flow through the EGR, in which case a blanking plate will keep it on. Alternatively, it could be on for an air leak, if you didn't plug the vacuum line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
No, so far all i did was pull off vacuum line and plug the hose.

Need someone to explain the procedure

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strangely enough the whistling has stopped as well so im now thinking the egr valve piston seal has gone which explains the leak through the weep hole and possibly as the vacuum hose is disconnected and plugged that the whistle was coming from the weep hole.

So now thinking of just blanking egr port and putting vacuum hose on if that works?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts