Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinkign all the clunked up shit in my EGR is making me lean towards a EGR Delete...

there are two things

1) If i get this how bad is the judder when you turn the engine off?

2) Does it increase the MPG's?

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
ive had one on for a while and never experienced any judder, however i cant give this as an accurate quote because ive had major issues with my DMF. but when i turned my car off it just stopped basically didnt do anything different from when i had the oem egr valve in pplace. hope this helps

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
simplifying your vac system and loosing unwanted solenoids helps too. cleaner simpler system.

also what madman said. clutch it, no judder.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gman- unfortunate with your motor...

i guess its good then coz most peopel usually stop by dipping to clutch anyway unless u go through the gears its 52 quid delivered on ebay am just thinking atleast i wont have all that gunk clogging up the egr and i can rule that out for the piss poor mpg am getting

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
prob the best mod i have done tbh. i done just the EGR when my car was running the baby 115 gear. when i changed everything to 150 stuff i got the allard breather kit. this comes with ERG delete, and a catch tank with all rhe pipe work and fitting kit. think it was about £80. just an idea.

yeh very unfortunate. silly bint!

edit, Fizzy, no you dont, but on newer models the EML mite come on. this cam be mapped out, and the EGR delete mapped in. This would be a custom code but i think Nick and the boys at Rtech include it in there generic flash maps if you ask nicly. (i may be wrong but im sure he told me that once)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got the 150pd a late 2003 model and the shudder is hardly noticable from when i had the EGR on. I posted a pic somewhere of how bad it was when i took it off so im glad to have got rid, was first thing i did.

got the fault light but had it mapped out when i got my car remapped

apparently only happens on 2004 models but like mine a late 2003 might fall into that bracket.

Do it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts