Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Why would you want to replace it? If you've got running problems I would be buying a vw egr blanking from eBay and just fitting under the egr. Total stealth EGR delete.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha not got 50quid yet but few weeks time maybe! i broke the plastic pipe off the actuator refurbing the turbo yesterday and now the the rubber hose isnt connected to anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Or try Fleabay...

Type in EGR VALVE

It'll offer Manufacturer Type (Search) VW

Then you get a whole load of listings, scroll thru' and see if one matches yours physically, then go to Sellers Site and there will be some advice which models it's for.

Or as I managed to find with my Local VW dealer the parts guy was good enough to tell me the correct part number.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Put a golf tee in the vac pipe. Honestly it's better for the car not to pump exhaust fumes back through the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The action of Disabling the EGR facility will throw up an EML with Fault code P0401 "EGR Flow Insufficient Detected". Agreed reburning the "Exhaust Gas" thru' the Inlet is perhaps not that Good for your engine,but as it's a measure to reduce the Harmful production of "NOX", a Gas that is Harmful to Humans & Most other Air breathing animals?

But the bit that may 'cause you some concern is the Propossed changes in the current MOT Regulations, and one of the Requirements is that "EML" lights on the Dash are not illuminated. I believe from discussion on another Forum this will be introduced this year?

If anyone in the "Trade" would like to inform the rest of us of your take on this point please feel free.

ABS & Airbags are also mentioned, so Momo steering wheels will suffer a sales drop! LOL

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
Removing the EGR \ blocking the pipe \ unplugging the valve on the PD115 will NOT throw a MIL, it seems that only cars post 2003 stand a change of throwing the error and this can be mapped out in the ECU by a tuner anyway.

I have no EGR on a Jan 2003 registered car which was manufactured in Nov 2002 and had no error light and my car passed the MOT without issue last month, it even got a fast pass on the emissions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts