Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered My First "Brand New Golf" Yesterday For March 07 Delivery,Managed To Get A Reasonable Deal After Sitting In Show Room Over 2Hrs Haggleing Spec As Below:-

Edition 30, Black, 3 Door Manual

Optional Extras:- Electric Sunroof,Bi-Xenons,Font Centre ArmRest With Ipod Prep,Highline Computer,Rear Tinted Windows From B pillar Back.Smokers Pack (F.O.C.)

Dealer Fitted Accessories :- HeadLamp Protectors( F.O.C.) Cruise Control (F.O.C.) AutoGlym Life Shine (10% Off) Rear Window SunBlind (10%oOff).

G.A.P. Insurance ?336., Full Tank Of Fuel.

Total Paid O.T.R. = ?24006.00

What Do You Think AnyOne Done Better? I Found It Very Difficult Trying To Get AnyThing Of The Base Price Of Car Or Optional extras Not For The Want Of Trying They Just Did'nt Want To Know Because It Being A New Model And A So Called" Limited Edition" Of 1500 Vehicles Available For The UK I Suspect This Number Will Go Up If Demand For It Goes Beyond 1500 As These Are Not Individualy Numbered As The Previous Anniversary Golf.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sounds like a good deal but dont get the Autoglum lifeshine you can get the kit for less than ?20 and do it your self

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The AutoGlym LifeShine Pack is ?299.00 This Is Applied Pre-Delivery By Dealer Then You Get A Full Kit In A Bag To Take Home

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Ordered My First "Brand New Golf" Yesterday For March 07 Delivery,Managed To Get A Reasonable Deal After Sitting In Show Room Over 2Hrs Haggleing Spec As Below:-

Edition 30, Black, 3 Door Manual

Optional Extras:- Electric Sunroof,Bi-Xenons,Font Centre ArmRest With Ipod Prep,Highline Computer,Rear Tinted Windows From B pillar Back.Smokers Pack (F.O.C.)

Dealer Fitted Accessories :- HeadLamp Protectors( F.O.C.) Cruise Control (F.O.C.) AutoGlym Life Shine (10% Off) Rear Window SunBlind (10%oOff).

G.A.P. Insurance ?336., Full Tank Of Fuel.

Total Paid O.T.R. = ?24006.00
Good Colour CHOICE !

Why AutoGlym Life Shine ??

Its a rip off, its basically a acrylic sealant, nothing more, you could get a bottle of Klasse Sealant Glaze for ?20 & it would last better & longer, IMO.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What's with the capital letter at the beginning of each word, that must have taken as long to write as to get the discount!

Agree with the Life Shine comments, Diamond Brite is a good alternative, someone (GtI Fly) did a group buy on this at one stage so maybe worth tracking it down, it also comes up on Ebay fairly regularly too. Very reasonably priced and an easy job to do yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You All May Be Right About The LifeShine I Will Be Canceling This Item Save A Bit More Dosh!

Just A Question About The Interior The Pictures I've Seen Off The Seats Show Red Stitching Like The Steering Wheel,This Was On A German Site vwvortex.com Does The UK Spec Version Have This Stitching, Could'nt Get The Local Steelers To Confirm This As The Had Very Little Info On It.

·
Registered
890 Posts
What's with the capital letter at the beginning of each word, that must have taken as long to write as to get the discount!
LOL, i'd noticed that!!

GT-DUB - sounds a nicely spec'd car by the way, look forward to see some photos once you pick up!

[Y]

·
Registered
23 Posts
As far as I know yes it does have the red stitching, which looks nice IMO.

We have similar spec cars TBH, bar sunroof.

Again don't bother with lifeshine, your paying more for elbow grease labour than anything else, and I'd rather make a good job of it myself for less cash.

Not fussed about the headlamp covers they look bad IMO but rear blind sounds good, how much is it as list item?

Dave

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Not fussed about the headlamp covers they look bad IMO
They are horrible things!
They're not the prettiest things in the world, but when you've got Xenons they can be a bank saver. Anyone want to put p the price of a replacement Xenon light (single one) should one get smashed by a stone??

On my MK4 it was about 130 quid for a standard one and someone once said it was nearly 400 quid for one of the Xenon ones (no idea if it was true either)... Could save the day in the end!

C

PS - Great spec, and not a bad result on the haggling either - nicely done [y]

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
a decent deal.
Sorry - whats good about the deal? - he paid full retail for the car and the options, the only real concession the dealer made was the cruise control at ?150 plus the headlight protectors (peanuts to them)!

Plus getting fleeced for a ?300 Lifeshine,

·
Registered
23 Posts
No I don't think its a bad deal, end of day your not going to get anything off this car list, but maybe a few dealer deal bits.

If it was a boring run of the mill black TDi then I would no way pay list as there must be hundreds of them stockpiled so you should always get a good deal on one.

There are 1500 of these and thats nothing in production terms.

We are looking at selling our black GT TDi private, but will more than likely p/x as its so hard to shift this car as there are so many of them on the road, unless you want a low price.

Dave

·
Registered
301 Posts
I tried five dealers and there was no discount. The only variable was the price of the trade- in which varied by ?1500[:O]

One was offering free lifeshine, but they couldn't swear on the 1st of march delivery. Another would do lifeshine for half price. ( tight Yorkshire dealers) but with 1st of March Del. Mine was the first order that they had taken for one. The others had taken 4 & 6 orders and were talking June - July. They said that they are only getting one a month that they could release.

Withe regards diamondbrite, I had mine done when she was new (FOC) six years ago tomorrow. Its never been waxed or polished. Just washed & leatherd down and the water still beads off the paintwork! I found that it has worked well. I did get bird lime on the paintwork on my previous Polo and it did leave marks ( even after washing it off when I got home from work). But I have had no problems with the Golf''s paintwork at all.

·
Registered
894 Posts
As you're speccing the privacy glass I would certainly not bother with the rear window blind.

I bought a window blind but they look really naff fitted imo so I returned it to the dealer to exchange for something more useful.

I'm with CkB and would fit the headlamp protectors without a doubt.

As already said buy the autoglym 'kit' off e-bay & apply yourself.

Nice spec....

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
With regards diamondbrite, I had mine done when she was new (FOC) six years ago tomorrow. Its never been waxed or polished. Just washed & leatherd down and the water still beads off the paintwork! .
My car has never been waxed, polished, Diamond brited or anything. I just wash it with a quality car shampoo every couple of weeks and the water beads very nicely.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
No I don't think its a bad deal, end of day your not going to get anything off this car list, but maybe a few dealer deal bits.
Dave, in context I agree - I was really thinking that these cars do not cost the dealers any extra, they are just making more profit on them because they are (allegedly) limited production. Thats why I said that the deal is not that great. At the end of the day its still a Golf!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts