Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen an ECS kit which allows you to run Boxster calipers with TT discs - Does anyone know if you can buy the caliper carriers separately?

Second hand calipers seem to be a reasonable price, so if the carriers are not too expensive, it could lead to a cheap(ish) upgrade.[;)]

Also, will the boxster calipers fit behind RS4 reps?

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
didnt the chap from JBR performance have a set of these on special price as a customer ordered them in then no longer wanted them? worth giving JBR a shout?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah Richard? he was flogging them for about a grand, but that included the 2 piece ECS discs aswell as the calipers. Why not phone up your local Porsche dealer (they are the rear calipers iirc)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have sent an email off to neuspeed as they do a kit that uses 312mm discs, haven't heard anything back yet

I priced porsche calipers from a breakers at between ?240 & ?320 + vat (depending on whether they were boxster or 993)

Just interested to see how the figures stack up, desperately trying not to spend any more on the golf, but can't seem to help myself (you know how it is)[;)][:p]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi Bowdie,

I'm thinking of buying the ECS stage 2v2 kit and ECS stage 1 rear. Would you be interested in sorting something out and splitting the shipping costs?

Cheers

Phil.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Quote: posted by awesomeade on 08/09/2004 12:06:07

We're the UK Neuspeed dealer and offer the full kit for ?795+vat

ADE, Whats sort of a discount on a G/B?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Perhaps 10% would be the best i could do on 5 kits, shipping on them from the states to here costs a bit so i have little margin on these

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If you want big front brakes but don't have a big budget, Neuspeed's economy upgrade kit is just for you. The Neuspeed kit provides everything you need to convert your car to 12.3"(312mm) Audi TT Quattro front discs and Porsche Boxster 4-piston calipers. We supply the calipers, discs, the Neuspeed billet aluminum caliper adapters, and custom stainless braided hoses.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
They're still only 312mm disks though, surely it would be a better upgrade to go for a set of ECS Stage 2v2's, especially if you already have 312's and want better brakes?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by PhatPhil on 10/09/2004 18:03:16

Anyone up for a group buy on the ECS stage 2v2?

I would be but have other plans for the car first.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Im not so sure that a disc size will be so noticable from 312 to 320's.... i mean its stilla 4pot.

Ade so how about ?795 inc VAT? and are the discs black or graphite colour or is it th pic?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
TBH I would go for Bill's Brembo package for less money. My mate with a Boxter S was very impressed with them. BTW I think the kits mentioned above use Boxter rear calipers.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I thought the 2v2 kit was 332mm ECS discs?

I would want a kit that weighs about the same or perhaps only slightly more than the stock 312mm TT setup.

Major unsprung weight increase is an issue for untunable shox

1 - 20 of 44 Posts