Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can offer a great brake upgrade for the 1.8T Golf - On special offer

332mm ECS Tuning front discs - Drilled/Grooved with brackets to relocate you original caliper to house the larger disc.

'Stage 1 brake kits are designed for those who are looking to improve on the stock braking system while working within a sensible budget. Using massive, yet light weight 2 piece 332mm rotors. Budgeted oriented kit with serious performance gains as well as dramatic styling. consistent stopping power from high speed runs.'

The kit requires at least 17" wheels to clear the calipers but does not require spacers (depending on Offset)

The kit uses o.e. size 1.8T pads.

I would recommend:

Red Stuff - ?79.99

Or if you can stretch to it Ferodo DS Performance pads - ?108.99 (These are amazing)

The kit price special offer is ?450 (?70 off the rrp) [;)]

or ?499 fitted

PM me or call 01234 855555 if you are interested.

****In Stock Next day delivery UK mainland****

Justin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are available seperately.

At a cost of ?350 for the pair of discs. If for example we did not have these in stock at the time you would need to allow aprox 4 weeks.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

There currently is only a Stage 5 front kit for the MkV R32, this kit costs ?1750 and comprises of the Cayenne 6 pot and a 358mm disc.

Just checking on the rears.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

These don't i'm afraid [:(]

The width is wrong and the carriers to get the larger size won't fit the Brembo's.

I am just checking if ECS do some 323mm x 28mm discs for you.

The other option is Brembo do the drilled version of the Cupra R discs for ?260.00 a pair (323mm x 28mm) These with Ferodo DS performance pads are amazing the DS pads cost ?105.00 for the front set.

Cheers

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Hi, i'm very interested in this deal. I just got the ECS Rear Stage 1 recently and I think this'll work well with it. One question, would it fit the 4motion? (std disc on 4Motion is 312mm). I was told I might need to get hold of the 1.8T calliper before fitting such a kit, is this true?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi

You would need the Golf GTI carriers and use your current calipers. I have a second hand pair of carriers I can do for an extra ?60.00, or you can have a kit

a new set for an extra ?100.

Both are in stock [Y]

Limited amount of second hand carriers though.

Cheers

Justin

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Hi

You would need the Golf GTI carriers and use your current calipers. I have a second hand pair of carriers I can do for an extra ?60.00, or you can have a kit

a new set for an extra ?100.

Both are in stock [Y]

Limited amount of second hand carriers though.

Cheers

Justin
Just to double check, all i'll need is just this carrier? and "of course the "ECS Tuning 332mm front brake kit"? nothng else?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Do these fit 8L chassis, (pre 2003) Audi S3 s also? They have the TT /anni style 312mil brakes as stock I think? 

·
Registered
626 Posts
The other option is Brembo do the drilled version of the Cupra R disc's for ?260.00 a pair (323mm x 28mm) These with Ferodo DS performance pads are amazing the DS pads cost ?105.00 for the front set.

Cheers
Agreed i have 4 pot Brembo's and never really rated them until i got the Ferrodo DS pads totally transformed them although they do produce allot of brake dust but thats a small price to pay for the difference between them and red stuff and Brembo pads.

I would also be intersested in some ECS 323x28mm if they do them.

Phil

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The other option is Brembo do the drilled version of the Cupra R disc's for ?260.00 a pair (323mm x 28mm) These with Ferodo DS performance pads are amazing the DS pads cost ?105.00 for the front set.

Cheers
Agreed i have 4 pot Brembo's and never really rated them until i got the Ferrodo DS pads totally transformed them although they do produce allot of brake dust but thats a small price to pay for the difference between them and red stuff and Brembo pads.

I would also be intersested in some ECS 323x28mm if they do them.

Phil
I'm afraid ECS do not do 323 x 28 discs[:'(]

I have informed them of the demand, see if I can bully them into making some, the main reason being the lack of Seat Cupra R's in the states and also the GT Junior kit is not a big seller over there.

I will try [;)]

Justin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts