Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is, a full 2 days work to achieve this. Thanks for all your votes in the "Car of the Month" competition, please keep them coming! Please feel free to comment and tell me what you think. [^]

And finally here is a picture of her when I first got her. Proudly showing her first mod of window tints!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Absolutely lovely, that really is good it looks the same as my car, if you dont mind me asking where did you get it and how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by flyfs6 on 30/01/2005 22:48:11

So whats left to do now?

Bora vents!!

Very nice EB, really does look the part.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them. I must admit I do feel chuffed...and without wanting to brag, its one of those cars you just cant walk away from without having to look back. I love it. The R-line kit is so much better than the catalogue makes out, and I think that silver is a good colour for showing off the curves well.

In the space of 2 days I have had a handful of strangers tell me they like it, one guy actually asked if I wanted to sell it whilst I was fueling up, to which I declined. Theres no way shes being sold (for a while anyway!). Its turning heads everywhere, I cant believe the effect its having on people. :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whats left to do?, well the list is fairly short:

1. Install the R32 Steering wheel when it arrives.

2. Bora vents + loom.

3. Armrest.

There are loads of subtle mods that I havent listed already on the car, I genuinely think theres not alot to do to it now, hence the 99% complete.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again thanks for the comments guys and gals, please keep them coming...I like to hear different opinions, be they positive or negative.

As for the questions, the tints are 35% which was legal at the time (think rules have changed slightly), and the wheels are 18" BBS CH.

Im glad a few of you guys are getting ideas from this, in my opinion I believe that this is a fiarly unique looking car on here so hopefully it will give people a few ideas. Without the forum giving me the ideas in the first place, this car wouldnt have happened, so thanks to all of you! :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just so its clear, the rear bumper is a genuine R-Line bumper, and the exhaust is genuine R-Line. The two parts are not available from VW UK (as they only supply the R-Line rear bumper WITHOUT exhaust cut out), but a quick search on some of our favourite suppliers will show that these can be imported into the UK.

The exhaust note sounds lovely by the way, Loud on full rev, yet as quiet as a mouse at idle. Perfect! :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Looking good EB, my mates ones is exactly the same, but he lefted the plastic diffuser off. Just to do some subtle touches, e.g. Bora vents, aero wipers, euro tail-lamps and maybe lose the rear VW badge for the smaller passat one.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mikedav, funny but I thought that the R-line bumper looks better than the R32 one too, I just didnt want to say it for fear of a public stoning! :)

cage...aero wipers now on order!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts