Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive been after some budget wheels at the moment, instead of replacing tyres on my standards. Came across these Brock B2`s

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brock-B2-wheels-bbs-ronal-splitrims_W0QQitemZ120057719560QQihZ002QQcategoryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120057719560&rd=1&rd=1

Something seems odd though, the seller has a rating of 3 for items of only 99p, Emailed him and gave me a one word reply as to the location of the wheels. Didnt answer any other questions.

I thought what the heck ill bid a little amount...if i win fair enough.

So im getting quite attached to these wheels now and start bidding a bit more but i look and all the bidders against me are "bidder 1 ...bidder 2...." all the way upto "bidder 7" Click on one of the bidders and they have a feedback rating of 3 and in the last week or so this person has bidded 40 something times on wheels.

There were other things but i forgot what they were now, but is all the "bidder" business for real? Im guess they are private buyers but i dunno, Ive decided against the wheels now coming up to christmas and all.

So what you guys think?

Just curious more than anything so i know what to look out for in the future

·
Registered
414 Posts
I wouldn't go near them. The bloke is probably foreign and can't understand English except for basic questions, thats why he answered with one word. He has probably created several accounts and bid on his own item (which he most likely doesn't actually have) so the auction looks genuine. He will probably get you to pay and steal your money through paypal, cheque etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was looking at buying a mobile last night and the bid on one particular phone (normally ?175) was over ?2000. I checked on the bidders and they were also bidder 1, bidder 2, bidder 3 etc.

You find alot of scam artists have only registered as a member in the last month prior to the item sale.

Definitely a scam.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As online shopping evolves, eBay continues to focus on preserving our marketplace's open and level playingfield whilst protecting our Community of members. We have decided to change how bid history information is displayed so unscrupulous people cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to see other bidder's User IDs on the listing page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, Bidder 2 etc.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Ive seen loads of things recently with 'bidder 1' 'bidder 2' etc I think I might have read somewhere that it was ebay doing it to protect peoples username/info whatever could be completley wrong tho.

And nice wheels them [:p]

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Right at the top after the title Bid History in bold it says the following:

"

As online shopping evolves, eBay continues to focus on preserving
our marketplace's open and level playingfield whilst protecting our
Community of members. We have decided to change how bid history
information is displayed so unscrupulous people cannot target bidders
with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders
will no longer be able to see other bidder's User IDs on the listing
page. Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item
you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as
Bidder 1, Bidder 2 etc.

I believe thats ebay hiding the bidders handles. Check here http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=120057719560

They also stopped members who have hidden feedback from selling any thing.

Hafizur

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Theyre nice wheels, but you've got nothing to lose mate, at least its not a paypal thing, its a pay on pick up, so I think you should be alright mate. [y]

·
Registered
524 Posts
looks ok to me - the're are some genuine bidders with blue star ratings too.

If you feel you are being scammed leave it but the new way of buying disallows you to see Bidder ID, and only to see detail such as 'Bidder 1, Bidder 2' etc

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Troll, is your ebay user id Pinkdiamond?
Lol, that is not me.

I decided against them! N3dxt those wheels are sooo nice. I have deicided to wait after christmas and look towards some 18" ASA AR1`s.

Cheers for all the advice. [y]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Lovely choice of wheels you were looking at, but I am a little biased [;)].

17's are the future! More Euro. I went down from 18's and much prefer the 17's, give me a little more ride comfort and they sit perfectly out of the arches without the need for spacers. Do yours to the same N3 DXT?

Just need to get it slammed now. And before anyone says anything about the chrome mirrors they've been replaced with stubby ones [H]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot you had them wheels Big A...damn they do look rather sweeet!

So regretting not winning them :(

Lower it!!! Haha

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Forgot you had them wheels Big A...damn they do look rather sweeet!

So regretting not winning them :(

Lower it!!! Haha
Hopefully next year it'll get slammed give it more of the Euro look [H]

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How weird. These are the self same wheels I sold on Ebay on 13 November for ?227. The winning bidder was Pinkdiamond1980. The seller this time around has polished the rims a bit and re-advertised them - fair enough - but the winning bidder is... Pinkdiamond1980!!! Bit of bidding up his own items perhaps?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130044035979&rd=1&rd=1

Confused of Ipswich.
Strange, i still have that link stored in my My Ebay, i saw they`d sold for ?227 so i thought id pick myself up a bargain this time around, didnt catch on that they were the same wheels

Definatly something dodgy going on. Might email them and see if i can get them for a discounted price [;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts