Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently sold my Road Angel 2 unit on ebay as i never really used it. Anyway, i this is exactly how I listed the item:

Road Angel 2 - Laser and Speed Camera Detector

This item is used, but in PERFECT working order and there is not a single mark or scratch on the Road Angel unit, it is in PERFECT condition.

The unit does not have any subscription left on, but you can do this easily through the makers of the Road Angel. The unit was last updated in late 2005.

The unit is boxed in its original box and comes with the following:

1 curley power lead
1 straight power lead
1 Road Angel 2 unit
1 Road Angel 2 sun deflector
User manual
Original box

Low start price, NO reserve, and low delivery cost.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Posted Image

A lady has bidded and won the item, and sent payment by cheque. Cheque eventually cleared, so i sent the item off, and has been delivered. She has now contacted me saying she wants a re-fund because she has not got all the bits that are listed in the Road Angel USER MANUAL!! I promptly replied back and said everything that was sent to her was what was listed in the ebay listing advert. (Also theres a picture in the advert showing everything listed in the advert) She knew what she was buying when she read the listing, she cant decide now she wants everything that was in the user manual. If I had ALL the bits i would of listed them all. Another classic case of someone not reading through the listing, not that there is loads to read!!!

As I can see it, ive sent to her EXACTLY what i advertised!!! The advert states what she is buying, not the Road Angel User Manual.

So where do I stand? So far ive replied to all her emails and been very quick to reply and been very polite.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Sold as advertised by the looks of it. You have even put a picture up of what the winning bidder would get. Bits listed in the manual sound like accessories or extras?

You seem to have done everything properly at your end, so I'd tell her to jog on.

Best bit too, she cant file a claim against you with paypal, as she paid by cheque and it has cleared, so has no chance of clawing her money back unfairly. Whats the worst that she can do, leave you a neg. Just leave one back.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sold as advertised by the looks of it. You have even put a picture up of what the winning bidder would get. Bits listed in the manual sound like accessories or extras?

You seem to have done everything properly at your end, so I'd tell her to jog on.

Best bit too, she cant file a claim against you with paypal, as she paid by cheque and it has cleared, so has no chance of clawing her money back unfairly. Whats the worst that she can do, leave you a neg. Just leave one back.
I agree with Baz, tell her that you will not be giving her a refund... people like this make me mad! Ebay is not like some High St shop.. I have given up on Ebay it is too much of a pain in the a$$

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

I agree with Baz, tell her that you will not be giving her a refund... people like this make me mad! Ebay is not like some High St shop.. I have given up on Ebay it is too much of a pain in the a$$

·
Registered
423 Posts
Its up to you at the end of the day mate. You dont HAVE to as you have done everything right and it is her problem that she did not understand that.

Morally though you could look upon it as that this lady may have bought it for her son or whoever for christmas and didnt realise that there may have been more to it. You could offer a refund minus ebay fees and she will have to pay for return. You will not have lost anything then and just re-list it.

If she has or does get arsey though just tell her to go jump. If she leaves neg feedback drop a quick message to ebay and they will take it off.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You have not done nothing wrong, you have sent the person what you listed, it is her responsibility as the buyer to check what is included in the auction or not, thats why you can ask the seller questions etc, i would not even worry about it, just politely tell her that you listed everything that you would receive if you was the winning bidder, like baz said... she can't file an un fair claim against you as payment was by cheque, i have had a claim filed against me in the past for no reason, and the person won, so they kept the phone i sold them and they also got the money back and then i had to pay-pal back! So i lost D500 phone, the original selling price of 120 pounds, plus i had to pay pay-pal another 120 pounds for refunding the claim back, oh and to top that pay-pal charged me a further 10 pounds for the privilege of trying to recover my money! p1ss take!

Don't leave the buyer feedback until she has left you it, and if she leave negative make sure you do the same.

Good luck mate

·
Registered
246 Posts
You've done everything right, you listed exactly what you were selling then sent it to her. You didn't state (or even imply) you were sending everything listed in the user manual so therefore you were not selling everything listed in the user manual & she has no reason to complain. Keep replying to her as you have been & hopefully she'll understand sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I wouldn't refund her Mike, you have sold the item exactly as described. It is up to her to read and understand the advert.

I had similar thing a couple of months ago, I sold a six disc in-dash CD changer but didn't advertise the illumination lead or spacer plate which was made clear. The guy who purchased paid his money I then sent the changer. He then started emailing me and gave me bad feedback because all the parts hadn't been sent to him. I reminded him that he had purchased the product as advertised and that the items he was querying were never advertised. He just went quiet after that, but it has blotted my otherwise perfect feedback record [N]

Just leaves a nasty taste in your mouth[:(]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know what your saying, but its not my fault shes so dumb. And for all i know she could of dropped the unit and damaged/broken it....where would i stand then?!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Morally though you could look upon it as that this lady may have bought it for her son or whoever for christmas and didnt realise that there may have been more to it. You could offer a refund minus ebay fees and she will have to pay for return. You will not have lost anything then and just re-list it.
Morally yes, do the right thing. But I for one am fed up with idiots who cannot or will not read the item description properly then decide they dont want it, or want to return it, or feel they have been robbed and bombard you with emails stating they will report you to ebay/their solicitor/the police. I for one am not a bleeding shop like Tescos who will take anything back without question. If I make a mistake then fair enough. But if its as described, then I will not take idiots lightly or entertain going out of my way to do the honourable thing...

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Morally yes, do the right thing. But I for one am fed up with idiots who cannot or will not read the item description properly then decide they dont want it, or want to return it, or feel they have been robbed and bombard you with emails stating they will report you to ebay/their solicitor/the police. I for one am not a bleeding shop like Tescos who will take anything back without question. If I make a mistake then fair enough. But if its as described, then I will not take idiots lightly or entertain going out of my way to do the honourable thing...
well said, completly agree.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
So its missing the bracket for the winscreen & the megnetic disc for dash mounting, RA will send you a dash disk if you phone them, I know as I've had 2 off them FOC already.

But you didnt send the USB cable did you ?? & she'll need that for updating (as well as subscription)

I'm on your side on it though, she bought what she saw, however, some may argue that its useless with out the mountings & the update cable ??

Tricky as you've not really done anything wrong, but again she could say it wasnt fit for use /////

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
well said, completly agree.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Sadly it is such a common thing now for a buyer to bid and win... And then not want the item all because they can not be bothered to read up on what they are buying... You would think they would, i know i do... i don't want to purchase something which i may not be 100% happy with. Which is why i always read the listing a couple of times, and if i have any questions i ask them, and if they do not reply i don't bid, it is simple. You have done nothing wrong and you have been clear in your description!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So its missing the bracket for the winscreen & the megnetic disc for dash mounting, RA will send you a dash disk if you phone them, I know as I've had 2 off them FOC already.

But you didnt send the USB cable did you ?? & she'll need that for updating (as well as subscription)

I'm on your side on it though, she bought what she saw, however, some may argue that its useless with out the mountings & the update cable ??

Tricky as you've not really done anything wrong, but again she could say it wasnt fit for use /////
Just because its out of subscription doesnt mean its not fit for use! It still works (tested before i packaged it up). Like you say the bits she didnt get i dont have because i will be honest, i cant find um!!! This doesnt mean its un-fit for use tho!! There was a RA2 on ebay for sale the same time as mine, and all that was for sale was the RA2 unit itself, NOTHING else. That was going for around ?65 last time i saw!!!!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
forgot to mention, this is how STUPID she is, once she had won the item, a day or so later she emailed me to ask if the road angel worked!! The listing says fully working order, and WHY did she not ask this BEFORE the auction ended? This is as CLEAR AS DAY proves she has not read the listing!!!! I rest my case.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'll be honest I think its total horsesh!t what you've done. She obviously doesn't know the product well and you've took advantage of that in your product listing i.e. listing whats including NOT what isn't......... Do you think you would've got the same price if you had mentioned what items were missing?

I know if it was my mum that had bought that I'd be pissed off.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts

Tricky as you've not really done anything wrong, but again she could say it wasn't fit for use /////
Just because its out of subscription doesnt mean its not fit for use! It still works (tested before i packaged it up). Like you say the bits she didnt get i dont have because i will be honest, i cant find um!!! This doesnt mean its un-fit for use tho!! There was a RA2 on ebay for sale the same time as mine, and all that was for sale was the RA2 unit itself, NOTHING else. That was going for around ?65 last time i saw!!!!
That RA2 could possibly be stolen as it contains none of the accessories with it... and i would say that is not use-able without the additional bits and bobs!

Just politely tell her that she was received everything that you listed...

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yea, it still works without the sub.

If you want a bracket & it'll help you out , I have my old one some place you can have, let me know

(everybody else, no you cant have it, I'm not bloody Fairpak)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, it still works without the sub.

If you want a bracket & it'll help you out , I have my old one some place you can have, let me know

(everybody else, no you cant have it, I'm not bloody Fairpak)
cheers fella.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts