Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seem to be a number of Golf armrest on ebay permently and I very much doubt they are OEM/VW.

Anyone ever bought one off there?? If so are you happy with it and who was the seller?

Cheers

C

·
Registered
158 Posts
Am thinking about one of these myself, i know for a fact there not genuine oem tho.

And the mounting bracket is pants so you need to visit the stealers for that part.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ill be keeping an eye on this thread as im in the same boat as you guys.

Anyone bought a black leather one from this guy on ebay? Wondering about quality of leather and colour match with my recaros.

What is the OEM price for one of these? Surely not ?500 as this seller reports [:O]

And how much is the additional fixing kit too?

How much how much how much - i might change my user name

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I bought 3 from the hong kong supplier of these with the intentions of selling on. I won't sell them on cos they are crap IMO. Very disappointing quality, the bracket does't fit properly and teh racket mechinisum is unreliable at best.

Just my 2p's worth!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought 3 from the hong kong supplier of these with the intentions of selling on. I won't sell them on cos they are crap IMO. Very disappointing quality, the bracket does't fit properly and teh racket mechinisum is unreliable at best.

How much are you selling them for? Im after a cheap one!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
if you have a search on the forum there have been threads regarding these itemsalready and they all say the same thing.

AVOID

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Zeke

The search keeps timing me out so I don't even bother trying now...hehe

OK perhaps a OEM arm rest GB in a few weeks/month [:D]

Avioding ebay...lol

Cheers

C

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quote: posted by Shaq on 16/01/2005 21:23:08

Cheers Zeke

OK perhaps a OEM arm rest GB in a few weeks/month [:D]

Avioding ebay...lol

Cheers

C

ill start saving then [:D]

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by Shaq on 16/01/2005 21:23:08

Cheers Zeke

Same problem until yesterday Shaq. If you search for 1.the exact word 2.within the last year and 3.in one room at a time i think youll find the search will work. Give it a try.

Looking forward to the GB but now thinking an R32 steering wheel may be cheaper [8D]

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought one of these, think it was from this seller. The colour match was great. The rest is shyte. The mountings were rubbish. I had to buy longer bolts. The plastic feels very cheap and flimsy. I also had to modify the lid to get it close properly. It's 2 months old now and still in one piece. Surprising really, as it feels like it could collapse at any time. I had on oem one in my previous golf. It was a lot firmer in it's mounting, but it did creak badly when you lent on it. This one creaks even more. I guess you get what you pay for, 10% of vw price, that's why it's crap!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Quote: posted by evilhomer on 27/02/2005 13:43:08

People, I might have one to sell... a genuine one... any offers?[:D]

Hi what sort of offers you after? [^]

And what colour is it?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Any GB's on this item, then I am interested defo......particularly if I can get one with an "R" logo[;)]

Might just check with VW to see how much it costs anyway....gulp!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There maybe a GB on these coming OR Doc just PM me I'll be able to do them CHEAPER than VW for sure [;)]

Cheers

C

1 - 18 of 18 Posts