Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the 212bhp i had with just stage 1 revo and a green panalfilter i have managed to gain another 22bhp from a turbo back 4 bar fpr and stage 2 remap. im very happy with the smooth power curve, and the torque is held much much longer as you can see to what it used to be. there different dynos but looking at the curves you can see how much smoother the car is now.

then:

Posted Image

now:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Posted Image
<o:p></o:p>

·
BORA owner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,624 Posts
Very good figures!!!!!!, am i right in assuming that youve got a green panel filter, 4 bar pressure regulator and a stage 2 remap?, or are there other engine mods which allow this great horsey and torque figure?.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very good figures!!!!!!, am i right in assuming that youve got a green panel filter, 4 bar pressure regulator and a stage 2 remap?, or are there other engine mods which allow this great horsey and torque figure?.

Thanks
and the turbo back. (sports cat down pipe and cat back exhaust)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Great figures mate.....

Your Torque figure is a little bit lower than I thought it would be.... I've seen similar tuned cars by REVO with torque figures around 270

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great figures mate.....

Your Torque figure is a little bit lower than I thought it would be.... I've seen similar tuned cars by REVO with torque figures around 270
yah allot of people on the day where complaining about the torque fig. the bhp figs seemed to be bang on. but it should be producing more torque than that. i mean i got 236 lbsf with my stage 1 revo when i had 212bhp.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
yah allot of people on the day where complaining
about the torque fig. the bhp figs seemed to be bang on. but it should
be producing more torque than that. i mean i got 236 lbsf with my stage
1 revo when i had 212bhp.
What did they set the boost at? Sounds like boost is quite conservative. Nice power curve though.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yah allot of people on the day where complaining about the torque fig. the bhp figs seemed to be bang on. but it should be producing more torque than that. i mean i got 236 lbsf with my stage 1 revo when i had 212bhp.
What did they set the boost at? Sounds like boost is quite conservative. Nice power curve though.
i have set the boost to low boost 9 timing 6. they havnt played with the boost at all. the power is great in my car and its very torquey. i think there calculation for the torque was wrong on most of the fwd cars they had on the dyno. magicmike got 2bhp more than me and 4lbft more in torque. he has a FMIC and a TIP other wise the mods are the same as mine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Good power figure there mate, agree the torque is a little low but if everyone was getting low torque then probably the dyno.

I just need 4bar FPR now and I can get Revo stage 2 got all the other bits.

Making 223bhp and 260lbs/ft on stage 1 so lookin forward to stage 2

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good power figure there mate, agree the torque is a little low but if everyone was getting low torque then probably the dyno.

I just need 4bar FPR now and I can get Revo stage 2 got all the other bits.

Making 223bhp and 260lbs/ft on stage 1 so lookin forward to stage 2
cool it will be nice to see what the 4 bar fpr and the revo do on their own. i dont think there will be much more of a push as its the sports cat that gives the most power.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am hoping for another 10bhp with 4 bar FPR and the new map with timing and boost properly set up. At the moment Jabba reckon my car is running a little too much timing on the normal revo stage 1 map. I'm happy with my torque figure as it is, but the shape of that stage 2 torque graph looks a lot better than mine on stage 1, its holding torque for much longer which I like the look of.

Gonna have to get booked in for 4 bar and revo 2 soonish.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am hoping for another 10bhp with 4 bar FPR and the new map with timing and boost properly set up. At the moment Jabba reckon my car is running a little too much timing on the normal revo stage 1 map. I'm happy with my torque figure as it is, but the shape of that stage 2 torque graph looks a lot better than mine on stage 1, its holding torque for much longer which I like the look of.

Gonna have to get booked in for 4 bar and revo 2 soonish.
cool let us no how it goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts