Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooooo

DurhamDubs have organised a dynoday at PDtuning (http://www.pdtuning.com/) (Unit 18, Bensham Street, Boldon,Tyne and Wear, NE35 9LN)

Anyone welcome from here, It's on the 18th October at 10am

The cost for runs is £20 for run, £25 inc boosting and printout ..... extremely cheap

There is a big carpark so loads of spaces for cars, more the merrier

Put name down if turning up:

1. s31teg

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there no real need to book it, just put your name down

there going to be giveaway from the other clubs on the day, should be a class day

1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

there going to be giveaway from the other clubs on the day, should be a class day

1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
4. borachris
5. aRd

I'll come along to this, as long as the wife ain't in labour at the time, be good to see what sort of power the hybrid is putting out before I get a few more bits done and get it mapped properly, I'll drag aRd along aswell!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
4. borachris
5. aRd

I'll come along to this, as long as the wife ain't in labour at the time, be good to see what sort of power the hybrid is putting out before I get a few more bits done and get it mapped properly, I'll drag aRd along aswell!
I'll be there, nice to see some familar faces again.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Reckon ill come to this,been wanting my car RR'd since i got it mapped,REALLY curious to see what its got!

Stick my name down [Y]

Cheers.

Lee

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one question s31teg, will the rollers take lowered car.

Mine is lowered around 50mm.
yeah dont worry, -50mm is nothing compared to what somepeople bring in

here my current map on my caddy 104pd

·
Registered
792 Posts

1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
4. borachris
5. aRd

You'll have to put some pressure on getting will along, he keeps chickening out every RR day there is, think he's worried in case he gets crap figures, I'm curious to see if he can get the 230 bhp he keeps quoting in the mags!

I'm only getting 17psi of boost, so I'm down 8 psi, changed every pipe going and still cant find my leak, I'm still gonna see what its putting out, going to get another smoke test done tomorrow!

Got my brakes working now, quite happy with them aswell[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You'll have to put some pressure on getting will along, he keeps chickening out every RR day there is, think he's worried in case he gets crap figures, I'm curious to see if he can get the 230 bhp he keeps quoting in the mags!

I'm only getting 17psi of boost, so I'm down 8 psi, changed every pipe going and still cant find my leak, I'm still gonna see what its putting out, going to get another smoke test done tomorrow!

Got my brakes working now, quite happy with them aswell
aye boost leaks are the worst, not coming out through the manifold is it? no fluttering noise?

-8psi is a quite a chunk

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

aye boost leaks are the worst, not coming out through the manifold is it? no fluttering noise?

-8psi is a quite a chunk
I've got a tiny boost on the oil burner. Chris identified today, if I get a chance I'll try to sort it out. I'm still going on the RR to see how much power it makes regardless. Excuse to give a run out as well.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Might pop along like s31teg if thats alright, wont be putting my car on the rollers dont need to be reminded of how slow it is [:D]

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1. s31teg
2. Jecht
3. gtimk4180
4. borachris
5. aRd
6. wilkymk4
7. pchende

no problems paul,

@ard ahh get it fettled so it can run sweet !!

·
Registered
792 Posts

-8psi is a quite a chunk
I've got a tiny boost on the oil burner. Chris identified today, if I get a chance I'll try to sort it out. I'm still going on the RR to see how much power it makes regardless. Excuse to give a run out as well.
Only found a tiny leak, they did the smoke test free this time aswell, down to 16 psi today, they reckon my turbo is on its way out!

Still gonna RR it, just to satisfy my curiousity. Your car should have more power up this neck of the woods, much cleaner air up this way[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
14 Posts
could i attend this please,i've not got anything modded just a tired old gt tdi and was wondering how the miles have affected the power?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts