Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bailey DV26, and i put it at the end of the long hose in the top pic... and blocked off the return pipe to the air filter bit...

and it kinda did the Ptshh noise with a sort of HOONK noise on top... odd.. and there was NO power...

so i'm doing something wrong. [^]

So i'm guessing i DONT want it here:

Posted Image

i want it... down at the bottom of this pic before the butterfly?

Posted Image

otherwise i'm just gonna give up and sell the DV on ebay [:(]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Errrrr, im kinda lost. The DV should be as it is originally, i don get what with swapping its place is, how will it work if its in the wrong place??

My Forge replaced the old one exactly, with the small hose coming out of the top.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry forgot to say i took it out to show the pipes more clearly.

it WAS connected to the horizontal pipe, but it had the effect i mentioned above... i thought NON DBW Golfs could have the atmospheric DV there..?

It's not a direct replacement as it only connects to one hose... i just assumed i'd done it wrong as it didn't function correctly.

Sorry for confusion

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You need to contact Jabba sport and get the fitting kit. The DV should be splice into the intercooler pipe (from the intake manifold down to the intercooler) using a alloy t-piece and then you will get to alloy blanking plugs which will block of the original dump valve mounting and also the where the point where the long pipe connects to the turbo.

I will try and post pics 2moro.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fantastic that's what i suspected, thanks Cage.. will look forward to pics if you manage them.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Jabba use the DV30 which is a recirc. The DV26 is a vent to atmosphere, and I would imagine fits the same as the HKS one does.

I fitted a HKS without any real problems, just lost a bit of mpg. You'll probably be better off with a recirc.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I doubt that it was the DV what caused your MPG to go down, but more like you driving habit changing so you can hear the whoosh sound from the DV.[;)]

·
Registered
4 Posts
RobT - I'm a little unsure as to how you connected this DV but theres something you can try before buying any more kit.

Leave the original DV in the bottom hole on the air intake side (remove the vaccuum pipe and leave the pressure relief pipe off the DV) This acts as a makeshift plug.

You can then connect the new DV26 to the pressure relief pipe and the vaccuum pipe as normal.

You may not be able to refit your engine cover but it will show you if you have a problem with your new valve.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
942 Posts
That long piece of hose needs removing. Fit a piece of Samco hose to the bottom of the DV, and then fit it to the metal outlet where the hose was. Plug the other inlet up with a metal plug required, and then the vaccuum hose will connect as normal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Getting confused now :)

Cage is saying I need the fitting kit so that i can mount it on the intercooler pipe, but you're saying it CAN go on the normal release metal outlet, just with a smaller hose?

·
Registered
942 Posts
That will be part of the fitting kit, so really we're saying the same thing. However you look at it, the long piece of hose has to go, otherwise the air pressure will reduce, and you'll get no DV noise.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by RobT on 25/07/2004 19:02:48

Getting confused now :)

Cage is saying I need the fitting kit so that i can mount it on the intercooler pipe, but you're saying it CAN go on the normal release metal outlet, just with a smaller hose?

Phone Jabbasport and they'll advise you and sort you out with what you need. Also, fitting an atmospheric dump valve to a NDBW engine will have exactly the same outcome as with a DBW as the ECU is expecting to get that air vented back into the intake.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are people on this forum with a 26 and it's working fine though... Cage for example

1 - 20 of 58 Posts