Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
or is the AG the type of company?

Aktiengesellschaft. Translates to "stock corporation." In Germany, all publicly traded companies are AG's, but not all AG's are publicly traded. AG's have two sets of boards -- the Vorstand, which usually consists of the CEO, CFO and other top management, and an Aufsichtsrat, which translates to "supervisory board," which has the function of overseeing management and representing the shareholders. German law prohibits individuals from being members of both boards. AG's in Germany require a minimum of DM 100,000 share capital and at least five shareholders at incorporation. Minimum par value for shares is DM 50.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Dunno, the missus has some cream in the bathroom with VAG something on it.

(If she ever finds this site.........[:'(])

·
Registered
49 Posts
My apologies. I thought i read it on here somewhere that thats what it stood for.

I understood not 1 ounce of the AG meaning but at least i now know....sorta [:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

LOLOLOL @ Craig.. try searching on google for VAG ! lol.. bought up some funny links I tells ya !

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
or is the AG the type of company?

Aktiengesellschaft. Translates to "stock corporation." In Germany, all publicly traded companies are AG's, but not all AG's are publicly traded. AG's have two sets of boards -- the Vorstand, which usually consists of the CEO, CFO and other top management, and an Aufsichtsrat, which translates to "supervisory board," which has the function of overseeing management and representing the shareholders. German law prohibits individuals from being members of both boards. AG's in Germany require a minimum of DM 100,000 share capital and at least five shareholders at incorporation. Minimum par value for shares is DM 50.
Aye, it's like saying Volkswagen Ltd then, I guess. Or, Volkswagen Inc, if your over the pond.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
So that's it then... It's Volkswagen AG and the AG is the type of company. It is just a foreign (German) abbreviation equivalent of our PLC. So instead of Volkswagen PLC it is Volkswagen AG [:D]. I did wonder why it was McGard GmbH. Apparently a GmbH is a Ltd. Learn something new every day.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
So that's it then... It's Volkswagen AG and the AG is the type of company. It is just a foreign (German) abbreviation equivalent of our PLC. So instead of Volkswagen PLC it is Volkswagen AG [:D]. I did wonder why it was McGard GmbH. Apparently a GmbH is a Ltd. Learn something new every day.
Oh, is PLC "private" or "public limited".... then ? Surely Volkswagen must be a public company as it has shares for sale ? maybe i'm completely wrong !

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

LOLOLOL @ Craig.. try searching on google for VAG ! lol.. bought up some funny links I tells ya !
i did also and found www.myvag.net lmao
Ditto.. I saw that.. didn't dare look at it at work though ! Did make me chuckle though.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Just asked one of the german vets here what "GmbH" meant....

"GmbH stands for Gesellschaft mit beschraenkter Haftung and is similar to a UK Ltd (limited liability). The difference is, that in Germany you need 25.000 Euros minimum to start a GmbH, whereas in the UK it is just something like 1 Pound."

With my rubbish german, I know that it's Something with something something ! [:$] [:p]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts