Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the car after a day and a half cleaning (and a bumper removal, see here for info on that carry on[:I]) anyway this was my first time with a clay bar (yes I was a clay virgin[:O]).

The process went like this all with Meguiar's products

• Washed car with Gold Class Wash
  • Went over it with Quick Clay
  • Washed again with the above
  • Polished with the Deep Crystal System Polish (Stage 2)
  • Waxed with Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax

So what do you think, has anyone got any pointers on what I could do better?

Here are the pics, they were all taken at a small natural harbour in my village

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you for your patience [:D]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it was the first good weather for a while, it has only probably taken me about 8 hours in total including the bumper saga but it was spread over 2 days. the mission now is to keep it that way.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very nice and its great to see a car been loved and cared for[;)]

I must admit though I limit myself to a max of 1-2 hours cleaning at any one time but do so regularly to retain such an effect. I need to do the clay bar thingy too because at the mo I remove tar spots during the waxing process which is really slow......[:I]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
very very nice.

You need some silver visions up front though, it would look even more amazing then[:)]

I have a clay bar at home still in the pkt, had it 3 months but Im frightend to use it, not sure how it'll work on my black car[?], scratches n stuff[?]

·
Registered
336 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 08/09/2004 09:34:32

I have a clay bar at home still in the pkt, had it 3 months but Im frightend to use it, not sure how it'll work on my black car[?], scratches n stuff[?]

If you want to get rid of the clay bar Jace then PM me and I'll have/buy it...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Superb! Cleanming and waxing can get addictive!

But please, don't take the photo at 45 degrees, it ruins the photo! (first photo

·
Registered
223 Posts
V bonny! Like the photo composition too. Spent 4 hrs cleaning/polishing mine on Sat'da, then it rains over night = mud all up the back [:(]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.