Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right im new here and have bought a mk3.5 cabby so they have mk4 head lights, i dont have fog lights in the head light just chrome plasitc covers, and i want to turn them into orange running lights (obv for show use only) is there any tutorials on here or people that have done it? thanks people :D

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
the indicator units fit in well if you make some simple brackets, then its just a case of inserting an amber bulb and wiring up to 12v and adding a switch. 2 mins and i will find a link

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
there you go, half way down the page [Y]

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/300798.aspx

just ignore the wiring part as most people set it up as twin indicators on each side [Y]

edit: just a thought but you could have them on permanently to the ignition or sidelights and be perfectly legal. BMW 5 series and volvos have orange DRL's

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
edit: just a thought but you could have them on permanently to the ignition or sidelights and be perfectly legal. BMW 5 series and volvos have orange DRL's
Only legal as far as I'm when like HIDs they're fitted as OEM parts,they can't legally be retrofitted.

Chris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats cool thank you very much for that im gona have them on a switch so can turn them on for shows and stuff :) just have to find a indercator unit to put it in and ont a switch

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
bloody ell... its going to be illegal to have larger sized wheels soon unless there factory fitted aint it! What ever next!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts