Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just got a mk4 golf 1.4 (2000) as my first car and both the drivers door and the drivers side rear door will not shut, i try to close them and they just bounce back as if the catch it not latching, so i have been forced to lock the doors with the key from the outside or using the lock button inside then shut them and they close which is very inconvenient, can anyone help or tell me what may be wrong? (i also have the central locking extra if any help)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has the car had any accident repair work done to the drivers side?

You might need to adjust the srtiker plates on the B and C post.

Or, it might be the mech attatched to the door handle staying under pressure so not letting the catch fully close.

Bunj.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has not had an accident as far as im aware of and i have owned it for 3months and it only few days ago

i have also had a look at the locking catch and it will press to the top but not click shut

·
Registered
157 Posts
take the plastic cover off thats around the barrel and see if the wire is hooked properly in the door handle, it happenend to mine when i fixed my window clip

have a look at the botom the guide titled

diy: replacing the front door window regulator clips and or door lock module.

i found it on vwvortex.com but i'm sure there will be a guide on here somewhere

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for the replies, i think it could have been because the car was on my drive for few months without use due to i was learning to drive, and since i have been using her more recently it has somehow fixed itself :)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My 2000 golf has had a load of issues with the door locks - mostly locking on, and not freeing up. Sounds as though you may have the opposite - could be issues with the locking mechs in the doors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think it could have been just from where it was stationary in the cold fro so long but i am having few problems with it now, because the door has fixed then parked up yesterday and my airbag light has came on and i have no clue why?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts