Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by coertzwj on 08/11/2004 20:57:50

An alternative could be Skoda pins... They look good too. Just my 5 cents.

6Y0 837 181 A. +/- ?2 each

\/\/

Show us a pic please [:)]

·
Registered
266 Posts
You twist them round until a notch aligns up with the pin then just pull off. The new pins just screw on..........then its a case of locking and unlocking for ten minutes to get the pins to sit at the right height when the doors are locked.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the pic above is the skoda ones aint it??

i've tried twisting them, they are VERY hard to twist.......aint they?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sorry - no part nos. but yes, the ones shown are the Skoda ones in chrome, whilst the Beetle Sport ones are brushed ali. Whichever makes a real difference, for not much cash. To remove, turn through 180 degrees and pull. Refitting is the reverse. Protect the pins from plier marks using cloth or something. As someone said, getting the height correct is a bit of a fiddle, but worth the trouble.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you look at the top of the old ones, there is a little 'dot', twist the cap 180 degrees (so the dot points in the opposite direction) and then pull the cap off. They are quite tight, but they will come off with a little force. To refit the new ones, just reverse the procedure - push the cap down and twist 180 degrees clockwise.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by coertzwj on 09/11/2004 15:43:28

Posted Image

I wonder if you can get them in black ?? [?]

I think the silver would look out of place on my all black car, black wouldnt look any different to the normal eye but any other mk4 owner would know.

I prefer stealth mods thats all.

yes I could just keep the OEM ones if I wanted black but its a stealth mod which makes it all the more better to have.[:D]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.