Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

does anyone have a strip down and rebuild of the passangers lock module?

i used to removal giudes on vortex, stripped it down and soldered the dry joints up. however now it is back on the door it playing up.

when i lock the door i cant open it from inside, i think i must have not lined everthing back up correctly and wonder if you guys have some pics that might help out.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,212 Posts
I've yet to see anything better than the Vortex guides,so I'd say the only way will be to strip it down again and retrace your steps carefully.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
hi mate. i used this guideon mine and it worked for about 3 months and then it came back so i got one from a local breakers and stripped that and it looked ok so fitted itand its been ok ever since. ivalso got a spare that i pocketed from a breakers lol just incase. i got charged ?20 for aused one. saved me strippin door and rushing to put it back together before it got dark. just have a good look inside the moduel and clean it all up. dont forget itcould be one of the micro switches that could be buggered.

gray

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
why not? it was just there sittin in a door rotting away. they rob me i rob them its not like iv stole a wallet of a public member its a lock moduel from a breakers.....lol

·
Super Moderator
50,212 Posts
How do they rob you,because you think they charge too much for second hand spares? No matter which way you look at it,it is stealing,if you don't like their prices,don't go there anymore.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
you wanna get of your high horsemate. i wonder howmany people here have taken things from a breakers..hhuuummmm

one other thing. you wanna hope we never meet. thought this was ment to be a friendly forum.not full of bitches like the others.

i come from a dam good area ill let youknow cheers.but sounds like your life aint going to well if thats all you can do is comeon here and pick silly little things like that. so your just showing what sort of person you are.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i did a full strip down of the door lock module today....its easy as 123

1 take all the torx screw out

2 watch all the bits fall out.

3 spend an hour putting it back together !!!!

nah, its not that bad..... but they are sooo simple inside....use a multi meter and check all the microswitches are working, then re-solder every joint. also worth cheking the motor works properly !!! mine was all fine, but yet the damn thing still doesnt work....im not paying ?180 for a ccm.

im hard wiring my pass lock to my drivers lock. !!! - seeing as nobody here or on vortex can figure my problem out !

·
Registered
47 Posts
having read your first post again, can you check for me if your window works from the key ????

if not, then you have put the little plastic insert that is turned by the lock in 180 degrees out !

·
Super Moderator
50,212 Posts
im hard wiring my pass lock to my drivers lock. !!! - seeing as nobody here or on vortex can figure my problem out !
I'd advise against doing this,as each control module is only designed to supply enough current to drive one motor,you could end up with more problems than you started with.Try swapping the window/lock control module in each door,although they are left and right handed mechanically,they MAY not be that way electronically,but as they are CAN-BUS controlled,the left hand one may still only respond as the left one no matter where in the car it is,but still worth a try I reckon.

Chris.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
one other thing. you wanna hope we never meet.
That's going a bit too far, making threats.

All chris said was it's stealing, there's no need to start threatening people.

thought this was ment to be a friendly forum.
Says he threatening people "you wanna hope we never meet".. [^o)]

so your just showing what sort of person you are.
Says he who's just admitted to stealing parts from a breakers.. [:cool:] Would you have the same reaction if some little scrote nicked your aerial or your badges from the front/back/wherever of your golf ? "Oh well loads of people have nicked badges from cars, so it doesn't matter"

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i did a full strip down of the door lock module today....its easy as 123

1 take all the torx screw out

2 watch all the bits fall out.

3 spend an hour putting it back together !!!!

nah, its not that bad..... but they are sooo simple inside....use a multi meter and check all the microswitches are working, then re-solder every joint. also worth cheking the motor works properly !!! mine was all fine, but yet the damn thing still doesnt work....im not paying ?180 for a ccm.

that is spot on!

yep check everything and like you mine still done work.

the key still works in the door so its not the plastic round thing.

however as said the internal door pull is not working so i dont think its all in line inside.

i think mine may also be the CCM as lock seems fine. dont know if i want to strip down drivers door. i may try to figure what going on with a multimeter from the CCM.

Dan - whats yours doing them. mine was needing a double lock for about a year. went to fix it and now its worse lol.

·
Super Moderator
50,212 Posts
[

i think mine may also be the CCM as lock seems fine. dont know if i want to strip down drivers door. i may try to figure what going on with a multimeter from the CCM.
You won't tell much at the CCM with a multimeter as it's all CAN-BUS at that point,it's only old fashioned positve and negative pulses between the central locking motor and the window control module inside the door.If anything at all works inside the door in the way of central locking and windows,it must be getting all of (or at least some of) the CAN-BUS data.

Chris.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi all (mainly dan)

turns out i did fix it the first time around, it was dry joints after all.

what happen as to why it was not working was that did not join the electronic side of the lock to the phisicaly lock part thus when it was locking it was not throwing the correct microswitches.

i just pulled the 2 parts aparts again and rejoined and it started working 100%

did not have to even look at the CCM.

also found out that the data signals for the lock really come from the window controller.

·
Super Moderator
50,212 Posts
Glad it's all sorted at last,sometimes we all try a bit too hard to find a fault,and overlook the realy simple,obvious answers.

also found out that the data signals for the lock really come from the window controller.
That'll be our friend Mr.CAN-BUS helping us invisibly every time we use our car,we'd be lost without him.

Chris.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
hi all (mainly dan)

turns out i did fix it the first time around, it was dry joints after all.

what happen as to why it was not working was that did not join the electronic side of the lock to the phisicaly lock part thus when it was locking it was not throwing the correct microswitches.

i just pulled the 2 parts aparts again and rejoined and it started working 100%

did not have to even look at the CCM.

Hi Paul. Well, the alarm doesn't arm anymore. Sure i've got a door lock module code on vag com a while back. Would like to get it sorted but dunno how.. new door lock I guess ? or maybe it's the same prob you had ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts