Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Door lock module question

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  rig-pig 
#1 ·
Hi guys, my drivers door lock module micro switch is not recognising my door opening, on doing a scan it is showing this as well, my question is where is the best place to buy a replacement, I see the ones on ebay but are they any good ??

I gave everything a good WD40 and see if that does anything just now.

Thanks
Craig

#2 ·
Yea there decent Iv had n fitted a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Fitted the module today and I have a new problem? With the old module in 1 push of the unlock button on fob just unlocked the driver door and 2 pushes unlocked everything, Now one push I hear the system do something but drivers door doesn't unlock but 2 pushes of button everything unlocks Inc drivers door. Strange ??

Any thoughts??

#14 ·
Well it looks like there are different modules for the same door, found out why the one I bought didn't work the same (although it does work) the original part number isn't a like for like change so will have to order another that will work with it, and on a plus the passenger door one has given up now 🤣🤣 joys of son thinking he has to slam every car door 😖😫, 3 types are all 8 pin, and are black on black, black on green and black on white the colours are the 2 plastic covers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.