Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the lock mechanisms on a mk4 golf the same as the ones on boras and passats? mine is broken so door is currently held close with rope :) local scrappy wants £60 plus vat! but theres 1 for a passat on ebay for £26 so ill get that if they are the same

cheers Daman

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Passat lock modules are the same as I've used them in Golfs,and all years will work in all years cars despite different part numbers.The only difference I've ever seen is the factory delock option in the passenger door of post 2000 cars,so no key slot.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Also, some of them use a 9 pin plug, while the Golf has an 8 pin plug. The size of the male/female fitting is different on these so won't work. I think TTs had the 9 pins.

And some modules do not have the apeture for the end of the lock barrel.

EDIT ^this^ is what Chris was on about regarding the de-lock modules, just seen he'd beaten me to it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds great, mine is 1999, and so is the passat so should fit, nice way to save £40+ :) thanks everyone

edit: and ive just delocked the passenger side so thats not a worry :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Brand new from poland for £45, have a search on ebay.

I changed 2, 6 months ago with no problems since.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The ones from Poland are not marked up as vw but there is not enough money in reverse engineering and copying such a low volume low cost part I would put money that they are from the original factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts