Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, new enough here and I had a search before posting and couldn't find a related thread.

I am having some trouble with my lock. Recently the hazards would flash for a second but since got worse, when I open the car with the remote key windows will drop (3dr) and as i get into the car to start it and put them back up, the doors will try to lock .

When I stop the car, and pull the key the windows will drop again.

Vagcom, showed a fault with the lock

01031 - central locking key switch :

Drivers Side : unlock

00029 29-000 Short to ground

- so i stripped down the door and took the lock out. There was liquid on the connector , I clean it off with electrical cleaner and plugged it back in. Worked fine first couple times but then the car started to act up again, windows dropping and car trying to lock it's self. I removed the lock again last night, and opened the lock to check the solder but, this appears to been done before and looks ok . Could anyone else shed some light on what might be the problem?

When I checked etka the part number listed was 6X2837014 but when search the net, I am seeing 6X2837014H and 6X2837014G
Would anyone know what the G/H means?

Thanks
Alan

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Sounds like the turney thing is constantly pressing the unlock microswitch,either that or a fautly door multiplex module (unlikely as I've never known one to go wrong before) or a faulty CCM.

Chris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the lock off again yesterday (sprayed the moving parts with silicone grease) and put it back on the door, as I put the door back together I tested it as I went and seems to look good. So fingers crossed.

Recently bought a control convenience module but have not fitted it, as the vagcom was suggesting fault was at the door.

If the lock is faulty and I do replace it, is it plug and play or will the new lock need to be scanned on vagcom?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like the turney thing is constantly pressing the unlock microswitch,

Chris.
Is the microswitch in the lock? - As i am thinking of going looking for a 2nd hand lock tomorrow.

I just came across this clip , and if anyone else has the same trouble as me might find it helpful.

Does anyone know that the letters mean at the end of these part number?

6X2837014G // 6X2837014 H // 6X2837014C

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Shown here to the left of the photo.....

Posted Image

Re the above 'tube link,if you do this job don't do what they do and leave the window glass in.Baffles the hell out of me why people who these jobs for a living leave the glass in and make the job more difficult for themselves,it only takes seconds to take it out (don't wedge it with a piece of wood like they do[facepalm]) and can save a lot more than that.

These links are better.....

DOOR LOCK MODULE REMOVAL

DOOR LOCK MODULE REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT

Chris.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed that on the you tube link, I had already used one of your diy threads (http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/243313.aspx) to help me and I have the glass out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just incase anyone else comes across this problem, I replaced the lock and the problem seems to have disappeared :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts