Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

thanks for everyone who turned up yesterday and it was good seeing everyone and sorry if I never got to chat to you all properly. Bit crowded and getting in was a nightmare but I think its safe to say we had a few interests in our cars amongst our the other heavily modded vehicles. There were quite a few other MK4s there too some OTT but others quite nice. Rain had to go and spoil everything didn't it but apart from that, hope you guys had a good time.

BTW TurboDub, love your car mate!

Look further down for photos from the day.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
LOL, I was leaving the car park just as it absolutely teamed it down!! Was some jokers doing handbrake turns on the grass in metro's right in front of me [:D]

The line up was good, shame I didn't know most of the cars there!! As for the rest, it was entertaining, but a lot of the cars were badly done up pap, some were awful, but had a lot of work gone into them etc. Provided a good day out too, have a few photo's but not many of cars [:$]

The drag races I found were a good addition to the show, didnt have that in the Donny north show. Provided some good entertainment.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries Tabs, I was actually quite suprised how many people were interested in the Golfs/Boras. We had quite a few people coming over to look at our cars. Yes there were idiots who came over and started saying things like 'it's not modified' and 'they left it standard'. Duh, thats the point, we let the engine mods do the talking esp when TurboDub car was put on show. I think their was a lot of appreciation from the public. Its a shame we got crammed into such a small space though.

Tabs, do you want me to send back the show plates to the address on the envelope?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I see the stand yesterday and was impressed with the cars i saw, although I didn't hang around too long as it was raining quite hard by then

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I saw you all yesterday, looking good!

[:D]
MissT, I was admiring your mates Pink car!! [:)] And the girl doing whatever she was doing with it!! [:D]

It is your mates isn't it? Pinky purple one with the fuel cap further up?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Guys,

I saw the line up yesterday and i think youve all done a great job! i
didnt really see anyone with the cars at the time unless i overlooked
someone as i would of said hi...well maybe next time i'll join the line
up :)

ne ways well done again and it was a good day out

Rich

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
i didnt realise you was on this thread either , ive posted up in other one

was a good day aprt from the rain , but all in all a good day , well done ray [:D]

there was some very nice motors there ,

and was nice to finaly meet you graham , wonder if there was any ankle sock that caught ya eye [;)] , by the way did you bump into rach

she was wearing some nice ones [;)] lol

nice to meet you again rach , at least you didnt have to drive to far in the morning as you stayed localy

will have my picks up soon as soon as i have internet ( hopfully the weekend )[:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Was good to meet you too Jason, even if it was only quick!

Didn't see Rach no, well, I might have done, but wouldn't have known! Her car was there though if I remember correctly in the show.

Don't know if anyone else noticed but there was some very very nice cars in the car park!! We spent about 20 mins having a look at some of them!

My pics are on another thread as mine werent so much of the MKIV's.

·
Registered
843 Posts
After setting off at 6am to make it down there I was impressed

Been to Doncaster (as in the normal Donny Show) before but never been to Donny South, was impressed by all the cars some nice ones and some real OTT ones.

Nice to chat to a couple of you (I was just feeling knackered after the drive and walking)

I've got about 70 pics of all different cars when I get chance I will post them up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tut tut for my time keeping, when i arrived everyone on the main stand (ukmkiv) was just leaving.

As i missed the main attractions spent most of my time with the 2 golfs(BONE U & T666 VWT) above the pinkish one.

The guy who owns BONE U is a mate, i'd like to hear some comments from those that gave it the once over as i too have my likes and dislikes.

My mates mate owns T666 VWT, he told me he's had it 6 years, first owner and it was the first 3 door in the country! (he may have said 3 door turbo, can't really remember) I do know i liked the r32 interior and as for the engine, was very neat indeed. I've only got video footage, and as my hair is just growing back from the stress pinnacle caused i may or may not post the clips.

I'm just pee'd i missed you guys.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ejo ~ thats Mr.Popo's wagon [:D] i came up in the polo that was on the same stand...

mine aint ready yet still lol

Nosaj babe, was good to met ya again...

we got to stop bumpin into each other like this!!

I say Vyper as well but no one else [:(]

lol

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
arh i see that one aswell very smart

graham , i was looking at my pics last night and well i was taking a pic of something else and then notice you where in it walking my way , how in canny is that lol will post soon all pics [;)]

make ya right rach , people will start talking lmao [;)]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
arh i see that one aswell very smart

graham , i was looking at my pics last night and well i was taking a pic of something else and then notice you where in it walking my way , how in canny is that lol will post soon all pics [;)]

make ya right rach , people will start talking lmao [;)]
I dread to think!! That is a little weird though with the thousands of people there!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts